OUIJA BOARDS WERE CONSULTED AT BETHEL!

by badboy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

i UNDERSTAND from a post yesterday that ouija boards were consulted by bethel during Rutherford's reign.

Anyone have any further details.

• luna2
    luna2

Aaaah, that must be how they came to find out that they were tools of the debbil! Aren't we fortunate that the resplendant Rutherford courted danger personally in order to safeguard the flock! ( <--- Da Judge's face after an evening of whiskey and ouiji boards.)

Actually, I don't remember reading this, but I don't think I'd be surprised about anything this guy did. LOL

• badboy
    badboy

They were saying at the time that the demons being consulted were telling the truth!

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I'd like to hear the answer, but has anyone actually used a Ouija board, and did it work?

I'm thinking about getting one just to see if anything's out there. The JWs still have me petrified of them...the bastards.

• scotsman
  • MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

badboy - was a chappie called Goodrich. Is this what you mean?

http://www.premier1.net/~raines/goodrich.html

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Not heard that, but I believe they had something called an 'Abrams black box' or something, which was spiritualistic or something, was used at Bethel.

May have been in the days they published stuff in the watchtower about being guided by Russell after his death 'from beyond the veil'

I think the device was believed to give yes/no answers from the spirit world.

I'll try to dig out the source, possibly 'fast facts about JWs'. Not sure how reliable.

• badboy
    badboy

THIS MAY HAVE BEEN WHEN THEY HAD GRUEBER THE MEDIUM IN BETHEL

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    'Abrams black box'

Wow - Abraham was a PILOT?

• badboy
    badboy

abrams WAS THAT E.R.A.?

Share this

Google+