Is Something Amiss With The Illegalization Of Certain Drugs?

by FMZ 14 Replies latest jw friends

• FMZ
    FMZ

Annual Causes of Death in America
    - by Church of the Divine Sage
    deathtoll.jpg

One look at the leading causes of death in America should alert any thinking being to the idea that something truly is amiss with our government and the information they are feeding us. Corporations have become so huge that it's virtually impossible for the average citizen to make a difference, but there is always hope. Before you believe the propaganda, at least arm yourself with the truth.

Tobacco 430,700
    Alcohol 110,640
    Adverse Reactions to Prescription Drugs 32,000
    Suicide 30,575
    Homicide 18,272
    All Licit & Illicit Drug-Induced Deaths 16,926
    Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs 7,600
    Marijuana/Entheogens 0

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

I always loved the crap they showed us in junior high to convince us that smoking a joint was going to turn us into psychpathic killers. I never wanted to kill anyone when I was high. I just wanted to order a pizza.

• FMZ
    FMZ

lmao Dan... exactly...

FMZ

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

Ecstasy was legal until 1985. you cant overdose on it like they claim. any deaths related to it are from dehydration and not the drug itself. i saw a report on emergency room visits because of drugs and it was nothing like you would think it was most of them being from depressants mixed with alcohol and prescription drugs.

if the government didn't lie about the effects drugs have on people then alot more people would be doing them.alot of people dont smoke tobacco anymore not because they put all the tobacco sellers in jail but they did it through education teaching people about the harm it causes. if they let the people out of jail that had committed nonviolent drug crimes the prisons would be half full instead of over crowded leaning more room for the rapist and theifs.

i think the governments viewpoint on drugs is way off. alcohol is the gateway drug if you ask me

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    Ecstasy was legal until 1985. you cant overdose on it like they claim. any deaths ; related to it are from dehydration and not the drug itself. i saw a report on emergency room visits because of drugs and it was nothing like you would think it was most of them being from depressants mixed with alcohol and prescription drugs.

The problem with ecstasy is that it is synthetic and that there is no way you can know whay you are using. We have a lot of deads because they use something that is not exactly right. Luckely there are testing stations at parties to get your illigal drugs tested before you use it. (double standards, right)

if the government didn't lie about the effects drugs have on people then alot more people would be doing them.alot of people dont smoke tobacco anymore not because they put all the tobacco sellers in jail but they did it through education teaching people about the harm it causes. if they let the people out of jail that had committed nonviolent drug crimes the prisons would be half full instead of over crowded leaning more room for the rapist and ; theifs.

i think the governments viewpoint on drugs is way off. alcohol is the gateway drug if you ask me

What does the american government do about warning for tabacco?
    Here we have to put the sign: "smoking kills", or "Smoking causes cancer" etc in big bold letters on each package, advertisement etc (advertisements only limited allowed). Alcohol is more open, you have to be 18 to buy it in a shop. It is okay to drink earlier in privacy though. Soft drugs is allowed. Legalizing soft drugs will only results in much less crime. Danny

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Personally, I believe we should re-open the opium dens!

Why should we ban a natural product?

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

there is no advertising for tobacco and theres warning on the packs you buy. 21 to drink in USA and if you bought you x through a government store you wouldn't have to worry about whats in it and the money they got could be used for rehabilitation instead of incarceration.

you can even make your own x with the oil of sassafras roots its not like its a manmade drug really anyways. opiums have to much addictive qualities i think to really be released to the public. besides thats what painers are for

• Mary
    Mary

Ya, I remember last year when it was reported on CNN that the American government had banned ephedrine because it had contributed to the death of 40 people, I emailed CNN and said "....seeing as cigarettes killed over 350,000 people last year alone, when can we expect the American government to ban tobacco products?"

Needless to say, I never got a reply........big shocker there eh?

• Undecided
    Undecided

Why do people feel the need to take drugs? I see so many that have ruined their lives and live only for drugs. I hate them all.(Drugs)

Ken P.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Undecided, I respect your view, but the fact of the matter is: the drugs did NOT ruin those people's lives, they ruined their own lives. There are some very addictive and harmful drugs out there, I agree, but the person has to perform the action of taking the drug, therefore not the drugs fault.

I would probably never do cocaine, meth or any of those effed up drugs, not my thing. Too dangerous. But these entheogens and marijuana are completely safe. Not ONE person has died from using them. As for the "pot head" theory, please look up a recent thread by Logansrun about Carl Sagan. Only losers become loser pot-heads. Those who know how to handle themselves and use drugs responsibly don't have a problem. So, if we get different results from the same drug, how can the drug be to blame? I have been using marijuana a few times a week for about a year or so now. I have, in that time, become an integral part of my team at work (I have singlehandedly brought in about $20,000 for the company). My boss wants to promote me. I have surpassed the two other employees, even though they have been there 2 and 4 years longer than me.

As for entheogens... Salvia is non-addictive, and definitely not a party drug. The only people that manage to harm themselves on that stuff is by not educating themselves (i.e. taking way too big a dose and not having a sitter present).

Grr... the "all drugs are bad" thing doesn't fly with me. And I find it interesting that people blame the drugs and not the person, but are not willing to explain why the drug is at fault.

I guess all shootings should be blamed on the bullet.

FMZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit