Is there a scandal here?

by NeonMadman 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I've noticed the following ad popping up on some of the topic threads. Are they selling them now? If so, does the WTS get the money, and what do they do with it? Enquiring minds want to know!!!

Jehovahs Witnesses
    Great deals on Jehovahs Witnesses Shop on eBay and Save!www.eBay.com

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Just get the following results:

0 objecten gevonden voor

jehovahs witnesses

Elders op eBay meer resultaat behalen:

2 objecten gevonden voor jehovahs witnesses van internationale eBay-verkopers

Titel object Prijs Biedingen Land
    De aanbieding heeft afbeeldingen RUTHERFORD LECTURES 5 CDs Watchtower Jehovahs Witnesses US $20,00 Nu kopen Verenigde Stat...
    De aanbieding heeft afbeeldingen 1898 OLD JEHOVAHS WITNESSES BOOK ON THEORY OF EVOLUTION US $15,50 2 Verenigde Stat...

That last atricle the evolution book od 1898! that must contain some really funny stuff....

• xjwms
    xjwms

I have some bound volumes that I would like to sell on E bay

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

oooo my grandmother had studied...she was born like in 1895 or something...anyway..she had that book Jehovah..the yellow one, it was pretty old. I wish I had that I would sell it on ebay too.

• Cognitive_Dissident
    Cognitive_Dissident

Hey, so this is my first post here. Feels good to take another definitive step away from it all. I don't know if it's a scandal, but has anyone noticed the crazy push in the last few years for Witnesses to get rid of all their old books? Usually worded in the KM something like "this month's literature offer is Blah Blah, and ANY 192 PAGE BOOK PUBLISHED PRIOR TO 1995" or whatever year. Destroy the Past and you can make up any Present you want and claim that it's always been.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Hmmm, everybody seems to have missed my point on this. The ad didn't say "great deals on Jehovah's Witnesses' books." It said "Great deals on Jehovah's Witnesses." I wondered if they were selling their members now.

It was a joke, people.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    the crazy push in the last few years for Witnesses to get rid of all their old books? Usually worded in the KM something like "this month's literature offer is Blah Blah, and ANY 192 PAGE BOOK PUBLISHED PRIOR TO 1995" or whatever year.

They've been doing that for as far back as I can remember; it's just a way of cleaning out the old stock. When I became a JW in the late 1960's, it was still possible to order certain ones of the volumes of Studies in the Scriptures, and they had been out of print for decades at the time.

• luna2
    luna2
    Great deals on Jehovahs Witnesses Shop on eBay and Save!

You mean I could pick a couple up on the cheap and have them around to do my chores and stuff? Kewl!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit