Worse than death?

by 5thGeneration 16 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

One Society thing that drives me crazy is trying to scare us by quoting the scripture about one who knows the truth and leaves is worse off than others who have never known the truth.

Question: If every non-jw is going to die at armageddon, how can someone who leaves be WORSE OFF? Are they going to die MORE than the others?

P.S. Nice lips Brooke

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:P.S. Nice lips Brooke

LOL

• daystar
    daystar

"Jehovah... kills humans... DEAD!"

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Is this the scripture you mean?

Matt. 26:24 - The Son of man goes as it is written of him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! It would have been better for that man if he had not been born."

This is one of the few scriptures that seriously makes me wonder if hell exists.

GGG

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Welcome to the board 5thgen!!!!

The funny part about your question is, whether you're in or out, the GB always keeps you on the edge of salvation in order to keep the book sales up! Even though I was a devout () witless () I constantly quetioned my status with god; "if the big A came tomorrow, would I be ready"? "Have I talked to EVERYONE I know about da troof? "Have I unknowingly greived the holy spirt?" etc. etc. ad finium.

It really sucked to be a witness

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

I'm not afraid of them anymore .

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Perhaps this may be the scripture?

It is evident from the scripture context that Peter was talking about those who brought "loose conduct" into the congregation, not the normal free thinking but harmless individuals like you and me. As somebody said, you can only die once. Acccording to Borg dogma it does not matter whether one is a "Saddam Hussain" or a "Mother Theresa "- both are destined to be food for vultures at the big day.

That is not intended to be depressive, just to show the idiocy of WT teachng .. This is how the "Chosing the Best Way of Life" book put it :-

*** bw chap. 10 pp. 163-165 Safeguard Your Christian Hope ***

Truly, the apostle Peter accurately depicted what will continue to happen among God’s servants until "the day of judgment [for unrighteous people] to be cut off." (2 Peter 2:9) There will always be persons who try to extend the limits of Christian freedom far beyond what is reasonable so that they can satisfy their desires for sensual pleasure. They do not want to follow the Biblical injunction: "Deaden, therefore, your body members that are upon the earth as respects fornication, uncleanness, sexual appetite, hurtful desire, and covetousness." (Colossians 3:5) Instead, they choose the very entertainment that incites these wrong desires. When involving others, they may argue: ‘If our conscience allows it, there is nothing wrong with it.’ But they fail to recognize that a defiled conscience is not a safe guide. These persons are yielding to their wrong desires and are, therefore, in slavery to these. Their promises of "freedom" to others are misleading.

The result to those who are again plunged into a life of wrongdoing is indeed calamitous. The apostle Peter wrote:

"Certainly if, after having escaped from the defilements of the world by an accurate knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they get involved again with these very things and are overcome, the final conditions have become worse for them than the first. For it would have been better for them not to have accurately known the path of righteousness than after knowing it accurately to turn away from the holy commandment delivered to them. The saying of the true proverb has happened to them: ‘The dog has returned to its own vomit, and the sow that was bathed to rolling in the mire.’"—2 Peter 2:20-22.

Why could the apostle Peter say this? Once a person gains accurate knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ, he begins to see the need for making changes. He may give up heavy drinking, a life of immorality, gambling and other vices. By cleaning himself up to conform to what is expected of a disciple of Jesus Christ, the individual flees or escapes from the "defilements of the world," from practices that he has come to know as being divinely disapproved. However, on again becoming entangled in God-dishonoring practices, he deliberately throws aside what he knows to be right. His knowledge of Jesus Christ and his Bible-trained conscience initially served as a restraint against wrong conduct. When breaking free from that wholesome restraint, he may well become even worse than before he took up the way of Christian discipleship. He may go beyond what men do who have no knowledge of the path of righteousness. This is because his conscience has become contaminated, or even seared—like dead tissue. (Compare 1 Timothy 4:2.) If he had never known the right path, his bad conduct would not have disgraced so terribly the name of Christ, his sin would not have had the same gravity, and the divine judgment against him would not have needed to be as severe.—Compare Luke 12:45-48; 1 Timothy 1:13, 15, 16.

• kazar
    kazar

Welcome 5th generation! That is such a good point you brought up. And, very funny and witty too. Still laughing.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Welcome 5th generation....

Does not make much sense does it...
    Well maybe god will give them a resurrection, shoot them, give them a resurrection and shoot them again a couple of times......

Sorry, don;t want to scare you

• troucul
    troucul

about 12 years ago I had to work with a df'd guy. He said "I don't have to worry about Armageddon, my God is a God of love, he's not going to torture me for eternity. I'm just going to sleep in the ground."

My reply- "Oh ok, that's nice."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit