COURT-TV NOW LONGO CASE DISCUSSION

by Sunspot 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I just happened to turn on court tv and they are talking about Christian Longo!!!!!

• kls
    kls

Thanks Annie , i will turn it on.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Who is that?

Kwin

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

He was a JW who had been disfellowshipped and moved to Oregon, ended up killing his family and then fled to Mexico to party it up. His Trial is on right now!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Thanks.

Kwin

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

When I first turned it on, they were talking to a reporter by phone, the reporter (Sabo) was the one who covered this case for the newspaper there. I didn't know if it was the trial or if they were just discussing the case for an upcoming trial. I wrote my post very quickly in case it was only a phone call and not the trial itself (cuz I would've looked pretty stoooopid LOL!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I don't get Court TV. We don't get cable. I know he pleaded guilty on 2 counts - wife and one child I think, but not guilty on the other 2 counts of I think aggrivated murder.

I don't mind the granola tree huggers here, but why do we (Oregon) get the religious fruits and nuts!?!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Michael Finkel (the guy who Longo impersonated in Mexico) says that Longo admitted to him that for all the JW rhetoric he spouted, he was not religious. (Wow--who knew!)

Finkel had asked the panel he wondered how Longo's fleeing to Mexico would "make him right" with his God Jehovah!

Finkel was a writer that had hundreds of pages of "feelings" that Longo had written before this trial began.

They swore Longo in, (you could see it in the background while they were talking to Finkel by phone) but he hasn't begun with testimony as yet.

I'm going to go and watch it for now........it's hard to see the tv from where I am sitting!

Be back later!

Annie

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit