New Bethel/Missionary Requirements.

by Doubtfully Yours 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

When they announced the meetings for aspiring Bethelites and Missionaries, they've lowered the ages of admittance.

Also, to become a Bethelite the person doesn't need to be a pioneer any longer. Any publisher in good standing, male or female, was encourage to attend such recruiting meeting.

I guess the need is greater now.

DY

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Yes, I remember they repeated it twice for emphasis: "Baptized publisher in good standing, male or female, married or single, ages 18 and up".

Wow! The need sure must be great.

DY

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Gracious! Now that is a surprise!

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

it was the same on my district convention.

But already before you could be accepted in bethel if you had any (special) skills.

• garybuss
    garybuss

They're stupid to take their pioneers out of service. The pioneers are the worker bees. They can turn publishers into full time workers just by shipping them off to headquarters and they get to leave their pioneers racking up magazine placements and collecting those donations.

• logansrun
    logansrun

From my memory, those were always the requirements DY. Doesn't appear to be a change at all.

I remember seeing some people under 18 at these meetings as well. It's a rule that's not enforced that much.

B.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Garybuss,

That's it! That's exactly it!!!

Since the WBTS is into so much construction, it makes perfect sense that the pioneers remain in the field while the other publishers do all the work. Come to think of it, it's a brilliant idea!

DY

• blondie
    blondie

A JW has not had to be a regular pioneer to get into Bethel for some time. Whereas JWs applying to Gilead had be regular pioneers for 2 years minimum which is why 20 (21 at once time) years of age was the minimum age. Did they eliminate that requirement? It would be hard for an 18 year old to have regular pioneered for 2 years when they apply. BTW, are they going to take people past 35 for Bethel and past 40 for Gilead on more than special circumstances?

km 5/82 p. 6 1982 "Kingdom Truth" District Conventions ***

There will be a meeting on Friday at 1:00 p.m. for any dedicated publishers between 19 and 35 years of age who are U.S. residents and would like to enter Bethel service.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

on our district convention the minimum age for bethel was taken away at all... i think they want them right out of school. missionaries have some minimum age though. i think something about 30 or so.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Okay, so maybe it's a slight change. There comes a point, though, in our apostate ramblings when you 'gotta ask, "What the hell is the big deal?" I mean, so they change the requirements by one year. How incredibly shocking and scandelous.

B.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit