opps, wrong button lol here it is

by dedpoet 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

thankyou for all your good wishes, i had a phone call just a short time ago telling me that my letter will be read out tonight. it'll happen around 8 pm uk time so i reckon i might drink a toast to freedom about then, though i doubt they will read it all out - i had a few harsh things to say ....... "13 years ago i became a baptised jehovahs witness, attending the xxxxxxx, congregation. it is now several years since i went anywhere near a kingdom hall, and have no intention of going to one again. therefore i am disassociating myself from your cult as from now. the person i studied with is currently in prison, having received a 7 year sentence for abusing children, including at least 3 cases of actual rape, and i have no wish to even slightly connected to an organisation that allows such people in its midst. this man was about to become an elder when his crimes came to light. i remember enough about cult procedure to know that he would have been a regular in field service to be considered - such hypocisy! as most of my former cult colleagues now ignore me anyway, it will be no great loss to me if they all have a reason to do so i am now a happier wiser man, though i don't expect you to believe that, and consider the years i spent in your cult wasted years - i will never be that stupid again. i have long since recognised your cult leadership for what it is - a lying, thieving bunch of hypocrites who control those they ensnare with their false promises of a better future by fear and intimidation. you talk of your preaching work being an act of love to all mankind, when you wouldn't recognise a loving act if it hit you full in the face. for the record, i smoke, drink, (but not to excess, unlike some witnesses i know), have sex when i get the chance and run your cult down whenever i can. i no longer believe you have the truth, but if you are right i'd rather be wrong, i don't ever want to be like you again. so goodbye forever, may you all get your just desserts. i have survived you, how lucky i am! doubt they'll read that out, what do you think?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

''Endings'' are important. Good luck for the future! Oh, and there's a reasonable chance they may edit it Dedpoet

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

thanks mc, the future looks brighter already, and they DID promise to read it out, and jws never lie so.......

• daystar
    daystar

If they do read it in it's entirity, it would be very surprising. It's oh so shocking!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    they DID promise to read it out, and jws never lie so.......

True. I have never known a dishonest JW. The 'brother' may have warn those in the Congregation who are of a nervous dispostion first. I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face if I had to read that out loud. Can't you just see the teenagers in the Hall sniggering?

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

If they did read it out, i can imagine some people nodding in agreement - if i didn't hate the place so much i might be tempted to call in and hear what they have to say, except i stay away from places where i'm not welcome these days

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    telling me that my letter will be read out tonight.

Brilliant letter dedpoet! However I am pretty sure DA letters are not ever read out to the congregation. There will just be the new standard cover-all announcement that defpoet is no longer one of JWs. The letter would only be read in an elders meeting to fellow elders. However you could if you were feeling particularly brave pop down to the hall to hear the announcement in person - if I were you I'd get a ghettoblaster and at the same time as the announcement is made start playing Celebrate by Madonna outside !

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

i am sure you are right Crumpet, they wouldn't dare read it out anyway, it might inspire one or two more to follow my lead, there are still a few in that cong capable of independent thought. I suppose i could make a few more copies though, and distribute it myself....just a thought

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit