EX JW numbers

by teela(2) 13 Replies latest jw friends

• teela(2)
    teela(2)

For those out there that play with figures we can calulate the number that have joined and left but how does the number that have left over say twenty years compare to the numbers still in. Are we starting to out number them in some places?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Undoubtedly but do not have the stats to back up my statement. Loads left after the 1975 fiasco in 1976;1977 and 1978 so certainly in last 30 years I think there are more ex-JWs than there are current JWs

• kls
    kls

Teela , i don't really see how anyone can calculate the xjw population because there is no stats really . There are many jws that attend some meeting for family sake only and they consider themselves xjws.

• carla
    carla

I think some of the people who run these different boards know each other. Couldn't they suggest a thread or something of people who wished to be counted as exjw? Maybe it wouldn't be 'scientific' but a rough estimate anyway. And People like me, should not respond, never being jw. (only Apostate at heart doesn't count) That wouldn't include the many who don't find a need for these boards. just a thought, carla

• greendawn
    greendawn

The WTS seems to be like a revolving door many go in and as many go out at the other end. The general impression is that there are as many ex jws as there are jws, don't they have some statistics on how many jws get difell/ed or leave each year? Young jw kids also seem to leave in droves and never get baptised.

The GB are apparently happy with maintaining just 6 million naive followers.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    I think some of the people who run these different boards know each other. Couldn't they suggest a thread or something of people who wished to be counted as exjw? Maybe it wouldn't be 'scientific' but a rough estimate anyway. And People like me, should not respond, never being jw. (only Apostate at heart doesn't count) That wouldn't include the many who don't find a need for these boards. just a thought, carla

It is not very simple. Only a small pecentage of ex-jw's will visit boards like this. We know some of the statistics of people getting disfellowshipped, but a lot of them return. Some maybe do not return but still keep the faith.
    But there are more people fading them getiing df-ed, so therefor it is hard to count any figures. To get some statistics you need random data. people comming here are not.
    To get some idea about it you could make a list of all people in a few congregions ten years ago. Track what happened to those people.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

but how could you do that? do people who were raised as JW's but were never baptised count? how do you know how many are inactive baptized people? or are you just gonna count disfellowshipped ones?

bethel minute

• keeshah
    keeshah
    do people who were raised as JW's but were never baptised count?

I would think that they would count because they were subjected to the same mind control. They might not have fell for it, but they still had to fight it.

• Aaac
    Aaac

I think Jerry Bergman has estimated that there are almost as many ex JW's as there are active JW's. I just couldn't find the site. And I don't remember if he counted the children, too.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Ray Franz explained in one of his books how to calculate it. Possibly from year book stats on baptisms and membership figures. I'll post if I fnd it. I read in another book that the tuenover is about 30%

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit