assemlbly time passing tricks

by stopthepain 24 Replies latest jw friends

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

As a kid ,you could almost certainly kill time at an DC ,SAD{as richie rich put it},or a the "2 day assembly" in many various ways.

This has probably been done before,but here we go.

1--Watch the audience as a whole,they almost lookm like ants or something,because thier was always people moving around.Peole figiting,taking vigorous notes,people getting up and down for a walk,or a bathroom break,attendants barking at the teens to sit down.I used to find pleasur in watching everyon fidget as a group.

2--Watch the peole who where doing sign language for the deaf.I would always try to start matching words for signs.Another way a 10 year old mind can wander.

3--locate all friends of yours,chicks you have a bad witness boy crush on,obsess for a few hours,and how you can stalk the hot girls.

4--What too eat{pre modern era}You know,Lemon lime or cola shasta,apple or cheese danish,vanilla or chocalte swiss miss,hoagie or dri chicken w/mayo packet??????????descisions ,descisions!!!!!

5---Count each minute out in my head.There was a huge digital clock at the providence civic center.When the clock changed,I would try to count 60 seconds to an exact point the clock would change again.Clock manipulation,a huge witness kid skill.You could will the cloock to move,or so you thought.

6---Think about what flavor slush I wanted at break,and wether I would buy the cheap binoculars,or the mini -fan.Those toys would occupy my brain for hours.

7---Wait with baited breath for the drama.When those lights went down,,,,,,,,,,,sheer ecxtasy!!!Would it be the flood of noah or david and goliath!!!!!what kid could wait.It was like christmas,at least in my warped little mind.

8--The old "I have to go the bathroom"and procede to make as many laps possible around the place before an attendant catches you,or you think your parents will give you the belt for missing too much of the "spiritual food".Usally 15-20 minutes would be a good number,right on the edge.Like a prisoner on his 15 minute a day walk in the courtyard.

9--Where you were eating after the assembly.Would it be the ground round,chili's,the outback!!Who would be there,any hot girls that you would never get with,any joker friends of yours,any parents??All these important questions,the answers only a symposium away!!

10-Clapping played a vital role in these sessions.How loud and long could you clap for.I would try to be first out of the gate,causing thousands of "sheep"{literally??]to clap with me.Also timing of the speakers self induced ego pause for clapping was a key skill.Being the last clapper was also another badge of honor for a youngster like myself.

Anyway,these where a few of my famous assembly day time fillers.

You got any?STP

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Also timing of the speakers self induced ego pause for clapping was a key skill

Especially in the manuscript talks!

• blondie
    blondie

What about if you aren't 10 years old?

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

This is a game for all ages.I just learned them as a kid.Please add more.

• joelbear
    joelbear

seeing how long i could hold my breath.

counting the empty seats

betting which section would have the next person get up

my mother always brought lifesavers for us to suck on to keep us awake. i used to see how long i could suck without biting

checking out the guys at the troughs, troughs rock.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

Good ones joelbear!!Hard candy of any kind was key.I was always partial to worthers original candy.I don't think I ever held my breath,good creativity though.

• Pwned
    Pwned

doodling on the publications of course, adding funny captions to the pictures. I used to always sit with my older sister and her best friend who i had a huge crush on, i would sit there trying to listen for the most obscure thing so that i could ask her about it.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

Funny moustaches and beards added to the illustration,draw buck teeth,or cross-eye the illustration.This would go well until my mom or dad caught me.

• blondie
    blondie

1. Bring another book to read disguising it as WTS publication.

2. Bring radio that also plays cassette, set to radio station for DC, put on headphones but push cassette button.

3. If parked close enough to pick up DC radio signal, sit in car/van and listen to whatever you want, eat, drink, etc.

4. Get those eyes that you can paste to your eyelids so you look like you are awake when you are sleeping

5. Get a job in trucking so you can sit at the table and talk to all your buds during the session (I saw this too often)

6. Tell everyone you are going to another DC due to work or a family emergency, then don't go; no one knows you there; get enough details about the DC from JWD so you can fake it.

Blondie

• anewme
    anewme

I couldnt get away with anything as a childless elder's wife. We just sat there "setting the stoic example for others". When I would start to doze he would elbow me to wake up. I took furious notes to keep awake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit