Ozzie's Weekend Poll #142 Elder bags

by ozziepost 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

How's things?

Here in the eastern states downunder we're having spring-like weather with clear blue skies, warm sunshine in the low 20s celsius even though it's right in the middle of winter. Very nice too!. Today Mrs Ozzie and I attended church in the morning followed by a lunchtime bbq with friends - very pleasant!

So, now it's time to relax and reminisce about things in the Borg.

I'm sure you've wondered about this weekend's poll question at one time or another, so here goes.

This weekend's poll question is:

Why do elders have big bags?

1. To keep all the rules books.

2. To make themselves look important.

3. They married them! (naughty, naughty Ozzie!!)

4. To trip the microphone attendants.

5. To keep their "theocratic" library in.

6. To keep all the Society letters to BOE.

7. To keep the Society letters to answer the publishers who ask "What do we believe now?"

8. To keep the bound volumes for the meeting after the meeting (in the back room).

9. To impress the C.O.

10. To impress the "publishers".

11. They need more books than the "publishers".

12. Lunch.

13. Other (please detail)

So there you have it. Now which do you choose? Let us know. Oh and don't forget.........

Enjoy!

Cheers, Ozzie (permanently upside-down class)

Freedom means not having to wear a tie.

• Simon
    Simon

It's strange isn't it, they always had the biggest bags but only ever got out a songbook, bible and watchtower just like everyone else !

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

ok i confess

i got a pilots case when i was appointed

wanted a leather one but couldnt afford it

in all honesty...it was to impress..it was empty

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

2, 10 and 13.

13 - part of the 'uniform'.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    2. To make themselves look important.

If they mean business, they mean business

Evanescence

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Darn it ozziepost why does it have to be a sunday night! the weekends just go too fast!

lol if I was an elder with those big suitcases I'd get one big enough to fit all my evanescence music and songbooks and guitar! Convert people with music! sing, sing, play a tune that would get stuck in peoples heads, thats the best technique for brainwashing!

We are Jehovah's Witnesses, we speak out in fearlesses, ours is the god of true prophesy! what he fortells comes to be!!!

*Darn still got that song stuck in my head! *

Evanescence

• Scully
    Scully

Other: To compensate for the smallish "bags" in their pants.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

evanesc...how does a 15 year-old happy active catholic who has to phone the kh to find out jw doctrines...come to have that song in her head

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

1. To keep all the rules books.

11. They need more books than the "publishers".

Never had one of those "suitcase" bags. Thought they were rediculous!

It made me laugh when a younger brother was appointed as an elder. One of the first things some of them did was get one of those bags. Guess they thought is was a required part of impressing on all that they now had position in the KH.

HappyDad

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

All of the above.The nice big burgundy briefcase with matching brass hanldle.A burgundy NWT to match.Plenty of pockets for dis fellowshipping letters!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit