My Local Kingdom Hall has been voted prettiest business of the month!

by TresHappy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

By the local beautification society! Actually it's a pretty piece of property. I wonder if they will talk about this worldy honor in a future Watchtower!

• Scully
    Scully
    My Local Kingdom Hall has been voted prettiest business of the month!

KEYWORD: "business"

• hubert
    hubert

Well, they got that right. It is a business, not a religion. editted to add: You beat me to it, Scully.

Hubert

• luna2
    luna2

This actually makes sense. JW's are very appearance conscious. Doesn't matter so much if there's mold in the walls or pedophiles in the congregation as long as everything looks nice on the outside.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Beauty is only skin deep...I wonder what they would do if they saw all the ugliness that goes on inside...

• tabbycat
    tabbycat

I'd love to see a picture! Does it have a white picket fence and hanging baskets?

My old hall was cold and damp - urgh.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I saw it in a b/w photograph yesterday at the beauty shop. It was a small photograph in the newspaper. When I saw "nicest business" I had to share it with you folks on JWD.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I wonder what the hearts inside it look like.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It's a white-washed grave. Beautiful on the outside, but on the inside full of dead people's bones and all sorts of rottenous things.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Yes, FHN - "rottenous things."

"Pretty" - is like "cute" - let us use "cute" in a sentence, "I was checking out the book my former wife was reading, she raved about it; and I found a guy's name and number marking page 69, cute eh?" And let us add, "wasn't that pretty."

Maybe they were saying "those Witnesses are adorning themselves in a pretty fancy manner for their preached IMMINENT DESTRUCTION."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit