Jacko career over?

by Simon 15 Replies latest social entertainment

• Simon
    Simon

It seems like US CD buyers have given their verdict on his behavior. Or maybe it's just his act is just soooo old and stale now?!

Pity UK buyers seem to care so little about what he has done.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4730407.stm

• Simon
    Simon

BTW: His dad looks like melted plastic as well !

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

His career reached its peak with thriller and then there was the Jordy Chandler case (think I got that name right) and never done as well since then. My kids dont buy his records/CDs anymore

• luna2
    luna2

Yeah, looks like the trial pretty much 86'd him here in the States. I'm sure he still has a handful of fans, but mostly I think we've had enough of him...his scary plastic surgery destroyed face, his confused Peter Pan lifestyle, his dysfunctional family (ugh on both his parents), as well as his digusting behavior with young boys. I know that I have no desire whatsoever to either watch or listen to him.

The distaste is so deep that Johnny Depp got some flack for his portrayal of Willie Wonka as being too reminicent of MJ in Charlie and The Chocolate Factory.

• City Fan
    City Fan

I've never forgiven him for that pile of crap album 'Dangerous' that somehow managed to beat one of the greatest albums of all time 'Achtung Baby' to the UK number 1 spot.

I bought Thriller, but then again who didn't? He's just a prat who will end up bankrupt sooner rather than later.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Good observation on his dad, but I think the entire family might just be plastic....j/k. I have never bought an MJ cd but there a few of his older songs I don't mind.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It looks like his reputation was irretrievably damaged in his home country by that trial despite the innocence verdict. The people passed their own guilty verdict.

• minimus
    minimus

My take: Who wants to buy ANOTHER greatest hits cd?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

He's just too strange, Simon. And his history is too "iffy."

Frannie

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

>Pity UK buyers seem to care so little about what he has done.

You seem to be pretty sure of what he has done.

However, would not by another Greatest Hits CD, either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit