Mom politely declines to answer my DC Q's

by chrissy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• chrissy
    chrissy

Thanks for your responses. After sleeping on it, things sort of fell back into perspective a bit. I was more taken back than anything that she responded to my seemingly innocent enough question the way she did.

I think you should just keep a low profile as regards questions about the WTS what's the point of knowing what they are up to with their doctrines

I dunno greendawn, I guess I've been having these bizarre moments lately where I want to bring it up to test her to ultimatley see if I can somehow save her. I imagine everyone feels that way once in awhile in respects to their still-in-it parents.

I blame it on hanging out here on this forum, the quotes website and my recent re-exposure to all of this stuff. It's really not a battle I want to chose, so I'm certain it will pass and like you all advise, we will preserve our relationship by keeping it limited to small talk.

She knows you no longer believe or she would not refuse to speak to you about it

I know- mother's intuition thing. I suspect maybe so.

• sf
    sf

I can bet you one hundred bucks she surely isn't losing any sleep over it.

Just one more pathetic parent.

sKally

• Mary
    Mary
    Her very direct words were, “Listen honey, I’m not going to talk about the Convention with you.”

Um.......any chance she just wasn't "paying close attention" at the ASSembly, and therefore can't tell you what was said?? If not, then ya, I would say she wants to keep a relationship with you open and doesn't want to rock the boat. I have the same relationship with my parents-----we rarely discuss doctrinal issues because I feel it would do more harm than good at their age, if they were to discover the truth about The Truth...........

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

geez.....you mean there are family members that will actually talk to you or with you????? I happened to be in the same room as my mother and sister a few months ago and even though it's been over a year since I saw them or heard their voice - they didn't say a word to me. It was a long couple of hours....and of course the same can be said for my kids - avoid me at all cost or I might taint the air they breathe in......c'est la vie as they say....

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I can bet you one hundred bucks she surely isn't losing any sleep over it. Just one more pathetic parent. sKally

No offense, but isn't this a little judgmental? I've never met a person that can be accurately judged on the basis of one action--especially one action that is second-hand information. I'm not defending the mother, but isn't being judgmental what your problem with the Witnesses is? I'd bet $100 this woman you seem to know so much about can't accurately judge your circumstances and character either. Live and let live is what I say, and don't hate unless given a direct, unambiguous reason for hate--otherwise humanity is in trouble.

The woman obviously cares about her mother, or she wouldn't be discussing this in the way she is. I think that should mean something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit