Pigeons on my roof!

by burnieschick 15 Replies latest jw friends

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

i was a roofer at one time and they make a thing called pigeon guards that are a foot long and have sticky stuff on the bottom and they have spikes coming out of the top of them that look like ice cycles. you could also get some fake rubber snakes and throw up there and theres also the blowgun that would surprise you on who good that would work.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Just so long as you don't feed them on bread soaked in sherry or vodka so that they fall over dead drunk. That would be a terrible thing to do.

Englishman.

• joelbear
    joelbear

pigeons on my roof exchanging glances.

• carla
    carla

I read a story once how an airport was having problems with geese, they tried loud guns, etc... What finally worked was they cranked Tina Turner! Sounds a bit like an urban myth, but I know if you have racoons in your attic, loud music will eventually get them to leave. However, family members may be tempted to leave as well. hmmmm, sounds like an idea???? just kidding, carla

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Rat poison.

They aren't called Flying Rats for nothing. Nasty trouble making birds.

• burnieschick
    burnieschick

The pigeons have got chicks but, good news...I've found somewhere that does the spikes at a very reasonable price. My neighbours are going to split the cost with me so we can protect both roofs. Obviously, we won't do it until the young have left the nest because I don't believe in disturbing nesting birds and dooming the chicks.

Thanks for all your suggestions everyone.

By the way Mike, you should know me better than to think I'll share my booze with another bird!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit