Noah preached 100-120 years and no followers. What the hell was he preaching?

by James Mixon 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Let me see if I have this straight. We are to believe Noah preached over a 100 years with 0 effect.

The Bible records that Lamech, Noah's father had sons and daughter's but the number is not included. To have a plural number of brothers and sisters, there would be at least four siblings, two brothers and two sisters.

My folks had 6 kids and 90 years later there are over 100 family members.

Some say based on what's written in Gen.6:3, Noah preached anywhere between 100-120 years. Sometime between his 500 and 600 birthday God informed Noah he was going to give everyone a good and long bath. If his sons were old enough to be married when God called on Noah to build the ark Gen:6;18 indicates Noah couldn't have spent over a 100 years. knocking on people doors..

Now, Noah had brothers, sisters, nephews,nieces and other family members, so are we to believe not one member of his family besides his sons did not believe he was nuts..

Jesus preached for 3 1/2 years and had 100's or thousand of followers, look at the nutty JW, millions of folks.

If a lightning bolt struck my large tree in my yard and the face of a man appeared on the truck of the tree and I said it look like Jesus, in 10 years I would have folks worshipping my tree in my back yard.

What the hell was Noah Preaching???

And another thing, who were these women that married his sons. You are going to marry who? No way will you marry into the family, their father walks a different step then most people...

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    That fairy tale has so many holes, and this is just another one to add to the list. But wait, isn't there a book that says it really happened? ohhh, well it's true then.
  • Londo111
    Londo111

I should preface by saying I don't believe in a global flood as the Watchtower teaches some 4-5000 years ago and I mainly see this story allegorically. However, it's not unreasonable that a Mesopotamian flood occurred thousands of years ago that flooded all the land as far as the eye could see.

With that said, 2 Peter 2:5, in some Bibles say, "a proclaimer of righteousness."

The Greek word means, "a herald or messenger vested with public authority, who conveyed the official messages of kings, magistrates, princes, military commanders, or who gave a public summons or demand, and performed various other duties. In the NT God's ambassador, and the herald or proclaimer of the divine word."

Within the framework of the story, could Noah simply have proclaimed to his family? Or have been a proclaimer by his actions, simply being a righteousness man in a violent world? Or been an ambassador the proclaimer by building the ark? And even being a preacher, does that mean going house to house? 

The Watchtower retrofits door-to-door evangelizing, a modern invention, backwards and writes themselves into every story in the Bible. 

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Didn't methuselah live right up to the flood? lol

I love how crazy the flood story makes the bible. 

• prologos
    prologos
    With all the woodwork to do (Jesus sweated in that trade  too), Noah probably had very inventive ways of counting time.  
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Londo111:" And even being a preacher, does that mean going house to house",

it doesn't . I said that because most JW believe that Adam, Noah, Moses and

Jesus were JW.. I agree, WT retrofitted door-to door evangelizing...

So Noah didn't preach repentance,his words you folks are screwed. I bet you

he didn't have many friends...

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Freemindfade: If methuselah was still hanging around, he took a bath also.LOL
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Its crazy to think that the borg teaches that this flood happened about 2300bce, that means most all the Pyramids were already built including the three big ones at Giza. The stupid story is just a copy of a copy of an old Sumerian story.   It's also interesting that there's an old babylonian kings list and this list is the same not by name but the meaning of the names as the ones listed in the Bible from Adam down to Noah, with the exception of one name. This is because the sumerians and babylonians believed in demigods. Any way most all of Genesis is stolen from Babylon. 
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    @crazyguy one of my faves. The witnesses have to believe that every other culture that actually kept record were off by many hundreds of years. If everything in the bible has to be true for it to be true, than just based on the flood it's all crapola
  • Bobcat
    Bobcat

Much of the idea of Noah being a "preacher of rightousness" comes from Jewish tradition: See ; Ant 1.3.1Jub. 7:20-29; Sib. Or. 1:128-29; 150-98; cf. 1 Clem 7:6; 9:4

The idea of him carrying out a systematic preaching campaign is solely the WTs.

Bobcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit