TatooGrrl and Her Tats - A Question

by Stephanus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Babykins
    Babykins

I have been reading the discussions for about 2 weeks now. I just joined the forum and would like to add my 2 cents.
    My father had tatoos when we started studying with JW's. They even let him get baptized without covering them.
    My concern is not for tatoo girls loss of the tatoos, but her loss of identity and the right to choose.
    I will share more about myself later. If anyone wants to email me feel free. I love to chat.

Babykins

• joelbear
    joelbear

Hi Tweetie,

Oh my!! John's wife has a tattoo. Pretty amazing. John always did have a little bit of a wild side.

Oh, the Friday nights of long ago I sat with John drinking beer and eating oysters and wings at Hooters or CJ's or one of our many other hang outs. John gazed at the girls. I gazed at John.

And now to think he's hooked up with some tattooed tart.

I have a picture of him in his underwear if you want to see it.

hugs

Joel

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    But I went out to dinner with two elders tonight they said they wouldn't tell me to cover them that it was my choice.

Are we all missing the doublespeak here? Conscience decision? We all know that they will say and do anything to add another Watchtower saleswoman to the ranks!!

The question I have is: How long after tattoogirl is baptized will they "forget" they said it was her choice? Or how long before one of the "wellmeaning" elderettes takes her aside to "help" her dress better?

It's bullshit. Tattoogirl, HEAD FOR THE HILLS!

Slipnslidemaster: "The gods too are fond of a joke."
    - Aristotle

• jonjonsimons
    jonjonsimons

tatgrl,
    I got my second tattoo about 10 years ago and purposely went to the Kingdom Hall I use to attend wearing a tank top just to see the reaction. The only comment I got from anyone was from an elders wife that I had known as a kid. She told me it was obvious Satan had gotten hold of me and I told her she didn't know the half of it. I told her that the next time I came back I'd wear something that would allow her to see my first tattoo. I don't think I can ever go back now because I just can't show her my first one. It's a woody woodpecker and it on my, um, ah,,.....well woodpecker. Just the thought of getting that one removed send shivers down my spine.
    All kidding aside I agree with Stephanus. When dealing with witnesses I've learned the hard way that it's always better to step lightly and carry a big stick.
    take care,
    jjs

Opinions are like a**holes. We've all got one and most of them stink.

• joelbear
    joelbear

I guarantee that the CO won't like anyone with tats being approved for field service.

But it seems like you've pretty much decided to take the plunge. I wish you well.

hugs

Joel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit