As a child what teachings scared you?

by Stress Free 35 Replies latest jw friends

• delilah
    delilah

I remember, that we were writing letters to the government in Malawi, asking them not to torture, rape and kill our bros. and sisters. As a young girl, I was PETRIFIED, that this would happen to me also. I would lie awake at night, and pray that I would be strong, and remain faithful, so I would not die at Armaggeddon......how sick, to scare little children like that.

Delilah

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Paranoia playbook http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/88858/1.ashx My early childhood primer and my first'coloring book': http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/2919/night.html click here Jehovah's Witnesses 'n da "birds".

Watchtower leader Fred Franz sez: "..there 'R seven birds for every human."When Freddy was asked about the estimated 1 billion or so small children who will be 'bird food' because they don't attend the kingdom Hall meetings and go door to door with their parents selling Watchtowers.Freddy said; "..well LITTLE NITS they grow up to be BIG NITS Of course for a toddler to try to sit still through two hours of cult indoctrination at 9:00 pm on a below zero winter night,usually resulted in "beatings at meetings"
  • Insomniac
    Insomniac

Like most here, I was terrified of demon attacks and torture.

I was told in great detail what the torture might involve, so I'd be prepared for it. To this day, I can't abide the smell of nail polish, as I was told I would be forced to drink it by my captors.

• FMZ
    FMZ

The torture thing, definitely. I used to think of places in the house I could hide when the Nazi-like authorities came to take us away. One re-occuring thought was that I would have to stand there and watch my parents be shot dead.

FMZ

• Pwned
    Pwned

i was deathly afraid of demons but the whole armageddon thing never felt real enough to be afraid of it

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Mental boot camp

During the 1960's we had K.Hall service meeting skits on how to endure rape torture and plunder and lessons on drinking my own urine in the concentration camps during the final assult of 'gog of magog'."Cuban dictator Castro wrapped two of our faithful bro's in barbed wire, and buried them alive in a vat of wet cement." Would i as an 8 year old be as strong for Jehover?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit