Any Back or Neck Crackers Here?

by El Kabong 14 Replies latest jw friends

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

One of my bad habits is cracking my neck and spine. So many times when I'm tense I move my head from side to side and hear a loud series of cracks in my neck and the tension just melts away.

Same with my spine, I can twist my body a certain way and feel and hear my lower spine crack. After that, it feels like a ton has been lifted off of me.

Anyone else like to crack their own backs and neck, (or any other part of their anatomy?)

• JH
    JH

no thanks....

• kls
    kls

You should get to know my son ,,gawd ,that is all he does and then he wants me to walk on his back till it cracks. It is gross i tell ya ,just gross.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

el,

yes, i am both a back and neck cracker, in the manner you describe. i've been doing it since i was a kid, and wish i could stop. but now i'm addicted.

i also crack my knuckles, and big toes, and wrists and ankles. i can crack my sternum (sp?) and my jaw too. sometimes i am required, by myself, to crack my hips and my knees and my shoulders.

i mostly do all of this whilst waking up in the morning listening to my daily dose of Bach.

sincerely,

TS

• JV
    JV

i crack my back and neck so much i'm sure i'm going to get arthritis when i'm old

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

NECK - if I can't I have headaches

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I've read studies whereby 25% of American's are "finger popping, back cracking, neck snapping nuts". There has only been one study that I'm aware of regarding finger popping....nothing of negative results could be found except for some short term weakness due to the knuckle ligaments being in the maximum extension position for a time being. Not all popping is the same however....sometimes it's a ligament popping instead of synovial fluid.

I'm a knuckle cracking kinda guy. My back and neck crack as I stretch. So as a by product I get some crunching along the way.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Guilty, especially in the morning and before bed. My spine is a mess though. I've had two separate doctors look at my x-ray and not so jokingly ask the same question, "Why are you walking?"

J

• Es
    Es

Yeah im a neck cracker more than a back cracker, i have to get someone else to crack my back tho. es

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I really have to wonder if it's doing as much damage as some people say it does.
    I've been to chiropractors before and they are basically doing the same thing to you.
    It's like releasing trapped nerves. A good crack and that tense feeling in your neck or back is gone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit