The GB as JW celebrities

by Rubyvixen 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rubyvixen
    Rubyvixen

Undercover, that is exactly how I viewed the GB. I just figured they were nothing more than annointed people who also happened to have to run the Org. My view on the annointed though was pretty skewed from an early age though, since most of the annointed in my Hall were certifiably pretty short of a full deck :P

It wasn't until I was in my pre-teens and then early teens that I realized how people revered them and when I started putting the pieces together of how insidiously ridiculous the whole thing is.

Panic, your experience makes me so mad. I can so imagine that very thing happening. How utterly disgusting. How people in the Org can sit there and see that and not feel just as disgusted is further proof of how brainwashed so many of them truly are =(

• Rubyvixen
    Rubyvixen

Undercover, that is exactly how I viewed the GB. I just figured they were nothing more than annointed people who also happened to have to run the Org. My view on the annointed though was pretty skewed from an early age though, since most of the annointed in my Hall were certifiably pretty short of a full deck :P

It wasn't until I was in my pre-teens and then early teens that I realized how people revered them and when I started putting the pieces together of how insidiously ridiculous the whole thing is.

Panic, your experience makes me so mad. I can so imagine that very thing happening. How utterly disgusting. How people in the Org can sit there and see that and not feel just as disgusted is further proof of how brainwashed so many of them truly are =(

• Rubyvixen
    Rubyvixen

oh argh, my comment above got duplicated....any clue of how to fix it?

• Honesty
    Honesty

After reading all this....

I'm shocked that Bethel and Patterson don't have souvenir shops selling little clear plastic display cases filled with all the GB's excrement. The WT could make a non-prophet fortune if they marketed something like that to the individual KH's.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Honesty-

They do, it's called WTS Literature.

• Rubyvixen
    Rubyvixen

Lawrence...

No truer words have been said :)

• Honesty
    Honesty

Honesty-

They do, it's called WTS Literature.

You're cracking me up, Lawrence. ***** runs to kitchen for a wet towel to wipe lemonade off keyboard and monitor before things get sticky *****

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Please take the child to the back so that he does not take away from the sacredness of this event!

words fail me

tijkmo of the words fail me class

• Grace
    Grace

Ruby, your courage is incredible. I bet your story is, too, and I would love to hear it some time.

I have been to Brooklyn Bethel a number of times, and to the Stanley Theatre on a January 1st Assembly day once. If this truly is a worldwide work and "God is not impartial," then why are the GB mostly American (are they all American?) white men likely all from the New York area?

I am not Catholic by any stretch of the imagination; however, it greatly disturbed me how JWs criticize the Catholic faith for their view of the Pope. They dismiss how the Pope could be a representative of God. But, in their own nephotistic way, they say God communicates directly to the GB who, in turn, gives us the proper instruction through the anonymously-written literature.

Divine Authority went out with the Middle Ages. It took the Witnesses to bring it back.

Grace

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Every yer without fail at the District Convention in Kansas City, there are Governing Body speakers. They are always treated like gods - even Losch who is a total prick in my opinion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit