I got an invite to take a tour of the new Mormon temple

by I quit! 19 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

I'd go for sure. See if one of them will teach you the secret handshake.

GBL I'll take a hand buzzer, see if it gets a laugh.

• talesin
    talesin

Ah, I love Google --- you guys are both right! Mr. Cunningham was a grand poobah, and the Flintstones' Fred was a member of a lodge with a Grand Poobah too.

Archie did belong to a lodge, but no Grand Poobah, so I am wrong, wrong, wrong!

t

• I quit!
    I quit!

Take some pics and post 'em here, eh. It would be interesting and I'm sure it would be allowed as they let the media do it with video cameras before it is consecrated. Good idea if I go I'll take my cell phone and take pictures if they let me.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Ah, I love Google --- you guys are both right! Mr. Cunningham was a grand poobah, and the Flintstones' Fred was a member of a lodge with a Grand Poobah too.

Archie did belong to a lodge, but no Grand Poobah, so I am wrong, wrong, wrong!

What about the Honeymooners? What was the title of Ralph's fearless leader?

• undercover
    undercover

Ralph and Ed were in the Racoon lodge but I don't remember the leader's name... haha....found it.... " Grand High Exhalted Mystic Ruler."

• I quit!
    I quit!

haha....found it.... " Grand High Exhalted Mystic Ruler." Your quick Undercover!

• undercover
    undercover

Like Talesin said... ya gotta love Google...

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

When the Mormon Temple opened in Washington DC, they had the temple open to outsiders for a period of time. But, when they closed it to the public, they took down all of the "adornements" and had them replaced, saying that the unclean had touched them, therefore they have to be replaced.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Oh I would go for sure, just out of sheer nosiness. I hate a secret!

Let us know what its like (unless you come back a mormon, in which case Hasta La vista baby)

• Golf
    Golf

Go man, go. Don't pass up an opportunity of this kind, go, don't ask.

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit