not dfd but no-one speaks to me

by dedpoet 24 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Welcome to JWD, dedpoet!

My shunning came in 1975 right after I married a good witness man on track to becoming an MS. The congregation he went to - that I moved into - had people in it I considered friends that I grew up with at local assemblies, and elders who were supposedly friends of my dad.

The problem was, I married into a "weak" albeit over active JW family, and I was treated as if I married a worldly person! To say the least, their love pushed me out of JW-dom. Thank Cawed!

(BTW - my Armageddon did start in 1975 - June 7th - when I married "him". It ended in 1982 when I divorced "him")

• riotgirlpeeps
    riotgirlpeeps

Welcome to the board and I'm not even slightly surprised by the behavior at your "hall" so full of love it oozes from them.

• Ticker
    Ticker

Dont feel bad, Im not DF'd either but get the same treatment.

In fact just a couple days ago I seen a relative through marriage who is a JW. I saw her at the shopping mart, she was talking with someone in a vehicle, and I decided to say hello since she kinda was distant family. She looked at me and then looked back inside the vehicle and continued to talk to this person. I then shouted a little louder "Hello!", she kinda looked, half smiled(that typical I couldn't care less for you go away smirk), and proceeded to ignore me again. I was ticked right off so I went right up to her and thought, "I will make you say hello to me." Well she acknowledged me finally but it was very brief and I seen her again that day and she just looked right through me.

Oh what wonderful christian love they show, sure shows their identifying mark alright.

I just thought what a snobby brainwashed biotch! I know I shouldnt think like that but it really pisses me off when they do this and they think it is good and proper to do so. I was also proud of myself for forcing her to acknowledge me, I thought im not going to play by thier stupid rules ever again!

Ticker

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

There are a few hundred thousand of us in the same boat.

Shunning is form of judging - and it comes as no surprise now to me that they missed Jesus' words on judging too. They missed all the rest of em!

Jeff

• Es
    Es

same here dedpoet same here. I am not d\f fader for approx 3 years, smoke, drink live in fiance not that anyone knows all this and yet im treated like that too. Thats why many just say stuff it and get d\f its the same treatment.Its suxs but its true es

• Carmel
    Carmel

JWs reflect the juvenile attitude toward life in general that marked history during the Abrahamic through Judaic eras. Humanity has moved on and has evolved to near adult stature, yet those caught up in OT thinking are still among us. Time and a lot of pain will eventually rid us of them.

caveman

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to the board Dedpoet from a fellow Newbie!

Cellist

• kazar
    kazar

Welcome Dedpoet and glad you are happy now. Hope to hear more from you.

• Preston
    Preston

Maybe they thought from your pic you looked like Harry Potter and your stay at Hogwarts represented a clear break away from the Christian Faith.

- Preston

• Ticker
    Ticker

Oooops I forgot to say hello. Sorry but Hello and welcome to the forum.

Ticker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit