Give me the beat...

by FMZ 14 Replies latest jw friends

• FMZ
    FMZ

Give me the the beat boys and free my soul. I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away.

Spread the love, people.

FMZ

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

love that song. i clicked on the thread hoping it would be about this song.

cheers,

TS

• FMZ
    FMZ

Cheers mate.

All the best.

FMZ

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Same as tetrapod - knew it was the song - great song.

For all you Brits who can't place it (I think it's not so well known here) - Cadbury's used it for the 'Drifter' advert (loooong time ago)

• Legolas
    Legolas

Thanks a lot LOL!!................Now i'm going to have that song stuck in my head!!!!!!!

• Carol
    Carol

I've been humming the darn thing since I first saw the title of the tread........I may just call you at 3:00 a.m. Monday morning if I can't get it out of my head. Oops! don't have your phone numbre I'll just have to suffer!

• bisous
    bisous

Hey Mr. DJ

Put a record on

I wanna dance with my baby .....

And when the music starts

I never wanna stop

Its gonna drive me crazy

MUSIC MAKES THE PEOPLE COME TOGETHER

MUSIC MIX THE BOURGEOISIE AND THE REBEL

*hey junior, how's it hangin? long time no talky ya little upstart you*

• Ticker
    Ticker

Oh give me the beat boys and free my soul.... Damn too late its already stuck in my head. But I love that song, its a classic and I never tire of it.

Ticker

• Satanus
    Satanus

Drift Away Lyrics

By dobie gray
    Day after day I’m more confused Still I look for the sun through the pouring rain You know that’s a game that I hate to lose And I’m feeling the strain Ain’t it a shame Give me the beat boys and free my soul I want to get lost in your rock and roll and drift away Give me the beat boys and free my soul I want to get lost in your rock and roll and drift away Beginning to think that I’m wasting time I don’t understand the things I do World outside looks so unkind And I’m counting on you to carry me through Oh give me the beat boys and free my soul I want to get lost in your rock and roll and drift away I said give me the beat boys and free my soul I want to get lost in your rock and roll and drift away When my mind is free You know that a melody can move me And when I’m feeling blue The guitars coming through to soothe me Thanks for the joy that you’ve given me I want you to know I believe in your song Rhythm and rhyme and harmony You’ve helped me along making me strong Oh give me the beat boys and free my soul I want to get lost in your rock and roll and drift away I said give me the beat boys and free my soul I want to get lost in your rock and roll and drift away Give me the beat boys and free my soul I want to get lost in your rock and roll and drift away all right I said give me the beat boys and free my soul (oh now it’s time to come on and free my soul) I want to get lost in your rock and roll and drift away (we’re gonna drift away) Why don’t you give me the beat boys and free my soul (take me, take me, take me away) I want to get lost in your rock and roll and drift away (oh) I said give me the beat boys and free my soul I want to get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

S

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Great song, and one that it seems like just about everyone did a cover of. Dobie's is obviously the benchmark but Bob Seger did a pretty decent job with it too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit