help my mother is brainwashing my 10 yr old

by squirlyboo 32 Replies latest social family

• Gee
    Gee

I have a nine year old daughter that spends half her time with me and the other half with her mother. She (my daughter) is dragged door to door and spends every minute with my ex under the umbrella of the WT.

However, I'm very lucky. My daughter thinks the Jehovah's Witnesses are delusional. It took some work.

My advice in your situation:

Throw the BIGGEST birthday parties! Buy the most extreme ROCK and ROLL (within reason). Watch wizard type movies with her. Go nuts at Christmas!

And above all, say these words, "Don't you think it's silly that some people are afraid of having a bit of fun?"

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

cant give any better adice than what others have said here,

but this post has got me scared if i stay dfed will my daughter not be able to speak to me when shes older, if she continues in the witnesses (which is a possablity as her dad and all grandparents and family are in it, and i feel bad enough on my parents if i dont go back never mind taking my daughter out too)

• Simon
    Simon
    but this post has got me scared if i stay dfed will my daughter not be able to speak to me when shes older, if she continues in the witnesses (which is a possablity as her dad and all grandparents and family are in it, and i feel bad enough on my parents if i dont go back never mind taking my daughter out too)

When she is 18(ish) she may have pressure put on her to shun you. However, don't give up! I went throught that and was pressured to shun my father which I did for a time but this is *worst case* and even then I changed and have since re-established a good relationship.

Don't underestimate the desire of witness-youths to leave as well ! She will probably be thankful if you are there as an 'excuse' to leave.

Your parents will have to get used to it. They are grown up and can cope. It is more cruel IMO to inflict the JW childhood and life on someone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit