Anyone going to GILLINGHAM Convention 2moro?? (Kent, UK)

by dorayakii 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hey, you nicked my job - I used to do that! And I have photos too! Maybe I'll post them sometime.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Hey Steve!!!

Sorry I missed your post before I went to Gillingham convention, but I did get your message in my inbox tonite.It made me smile I will reply to it.

Thanks Bro. and sending my best to you

Scoob x

(Freaky to think we probably walked past each other!!!)

• dorayakii
    dorayakii
    Hey, you nicked my job - I used to do that!

It's sooo much fun!!! I caused so much trouble, but maintained my innocence, something i'm very good at doing, lol...

Freaky to think we probably walked past each other!!!

Yeah, it is mad aint it? I hope you weren't one of the drivers giving me grief I spent most of my time in the car park but came to the stadium for the drama, lunch time and the first two talks of the afternoon session... It is crazy tho, that we could have walked past each other, it was such a small stadium... and not many people went outside because its a residential area...

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

So you were that guy with the funny hat!

Yep I was there for the afternoon session. Did you get the text?

Scoob

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

Yaaay! i got it... Aha, so you did see me then? I was pretty hard to miss, waving my hands around like that, and with a funky hat... Tah 4 the text there's one coming right back at ya... Dorayakii xx

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

with baited breath here......... ;-)

ya know I never knew of your parking place at Beechings Way in Gillingham in the field. I just wound up the local neighbourhood by parking in a street near by along with 8000 others..........Blimey they must hate us even more!! I had to walk a mile to get to the stadium.

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

Yeah i did see loads of cars, just parked in the streets... a main problem was that there was a sign saying "BOOT SALE" at the entrance of the car park... we had taken it down, but the organiser of the boot sale came along and told me that it needed to be there to instruct the drivers to its new location... So loads of cars just either didn't notice the tiny "IBSA Convention" signs or just wanted to park closer to the stadium.

The guy was really annoyed, he goes "Everything was fine until you "Godly" people came 'ere", lol... another fine witness given.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

You know Steve, at the risk of getting some wrath here, a "good witness" (tm) was given by the whole thing even if by just some. I came back to work today and the domestic on my ward who lives next door to the stadium in Gillingham said she'd never seen such a crowd of such well behaved, polite people coming in and out of the stadium, and that she wished Witnesses rather than football fans came every week!. She said she spent some time talking to them from her front garden as they walked past. Also even more suprising was the comment from my P.A, she is a Mormon and lives close by too, she said that she was dreading the "invasion" of 8000 witnesses, but as it turns out found them to be co-operative, polite and so very well "organised" and that it reminded her own church and how well they "behaved"......Praise indeed from a Mormon......lol I think "Organisation" is an even bigger word in the Mormon world.....

....Anyway I enjoyed it.

Be good Bro.

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

Hahaha, i think anyone is better than good old English football hooligans... i'd rather have 7000 families, men, women, children and old folks with walking sticks going to a stadium in my back garden, than a bunch of drunk teenage to middle-aged almost exclusively men... i think, being a high control religion, JWs are gonna be a bit more calm, quiet and orderly than football hooligans...

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon
    it's the grounds of a 3rd division football team

I lived in Gillingham for a bit (born in the Medway towns). Did they sing the celery song at all?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit