If a J.W. went to a Catholic Hospital......?

by hubert 29 Replies latest watchtower medical

• hubert
    hubert

If a J.W. had to go to a Catholic Hospital ie: St. Mary's, St. Stanislaus, etc.say, in an emergency, but was admitted and stayed there for a few days, would he/she get reproved or disfellowshipped?

Would there be an HLC there to make sure that person didn't receive blood?

Can the HLC gain access to the j.w.'s medical records?

These are important questions for me. This has happened to someone I know.

Thanks.

Hubert

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

My dad ended up in an Adventist hospital because that's where his doc practiced, his diabetes got out of control etc. He was an elder at the time. He was embarrased about it but he felt that he had no major choice in the matter because he liked his doc. No reprecussions that I know of, but that was 30 years ago.

• Ellie
    Ellie

I doubt very much that they would get into trouble for going to a Catholic hospital as I attended a Roman Catholic school for years as a witness kid.

I don't know about the liason committee though.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    If a J.W. had to go to a Catholic Hospital ie: St. Mary's, St. Stanislaus, etc.say, in an emergency, but was admitted and stayed there for a few days, would he/she get reproved or disfellowshipped?

it would not matter to which hospital you go. That would official not be any reason to reprove someone. Certainly not to df. You do not have to check what is the religion of a owner or so. Jw's go to for example christian schools here, no problem.
    Of course it depend a bit how much religios the hospital is, but it depends more on the interpretation on the BOE. They should however not take this against you.

Would there be an HLC there to make sure that person didn't receive blood?

They will come if they know it, and will talk to the doctor. If they know it on time.

Can the HLC gain access to the j.w.'s medical records?

They should not. Here those records are protected by a privacy law. That should be the same in the US. However in many cases the doctor will tell if the patient gets blood, because he does not see that as an issue. It is normal the doctors tell the situation of the patient to close family members, and details of a operation.
  • talesin
    talesin

For many years, we had a large Catholic hospital here. Nuns for nurses ... crucifixes everywhere. There was never any problem with JWs having surgeries there. That was a couple of decades ago, though.

t

• greendawn
    greendawn

They would probably ask for any crosses and madonna/saint icons to be removed from their rooms.

• hubert
    hubert
    Catholic Church "joins UN" as an N.G.O., and it proves they are the harlot riding the wild beast. Also, no JW can use the gym facilites at the YMCA, because that is supporting false religion. There is not good reason to support false religion!!! Ever!!!

This was posted by "Quotes", in Minimus' thread yesterday, called "Name some double standards of J.W.'s.

If 'No J.W.'s can use the gym because that is supporting a false religion", wouldn't a Catholic Hospital come under the same category, because THAT would be supporting a "False religion", wouldn't it? (IMHO).

Hubert

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

what is this thing about the YMCA?

I sometimes stayed in a YMCA when in holyday, with the whole congregation knowing. Not any problem at all. Nobody even hinted that it was not good. First time I stayed there I did not even know it was christian. (later I found out the meaning of the letters). Maybe this is an american thing?

• hubert
    hubert
    what is this thing about the YMCA?

I don't know, Danny, but I've heard this before. Maybe someone else can explain it in detail for us.

Maybe it is only U.S. J.W. policy.

Hubert

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hubert,

You would THINK that going to a Catholic Hospital and paying the bills afterwards would be supporting "Babylon the Great = world empire of false religion" but that would just be LOGICAL. Ain't no room for logic with the JayDubs when their health is on the line.

Many Witnesses from this area go to St. Joseph Mercy (Catholic) or St. John's Hospital System (Presbyterian) with no conscience problems at all. No reproof, no disfellowshipping. Although, the local osteopathic hospital (no religious affiliation) opened a bloodless surgery unit and had infomercial special sessions for the local JWs promoted in the local papers a few years back.

I agree that the HLC committee would be on the scene if they knew about the congregation member's illness in a timely manner. I also agree that hospital choice is predicated on doctor's affiliation and the trust the JW has in their doctor to abide by their wishes on the blood issue.

outnfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit