More explosions London Underground

by Crumpet 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1189833,00.html

I don't think anyone has been hurt though - all unconfirmed! One on a bus and one on underground.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Terrorists suck.

Hope all you Londoners are ok.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I don't have a tv at work so if anyone is getting anything on the news please post it here.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/21/london.tube/index.html

LONDON, England (CNN) -- At least one person has been injured following a number of incidents on Underground trains and a bus in London, police say.

CNN's Matthew Chance said police told him a device exploded in or around Warren Street Tube station in the center of the British capital.

Emergency service also reported an incident on a bus in Hackney, east London, Scotland Yard told CNN Thursday.

Police said they were not treating the evacuations as a "major incident."

The reports came two weeks to the day since bombs on three Underground trains in London and a double-decker bus killed 56 people including four bombers.

A Scotland Yard spokesperson told CNN that Warren Street, Shepherds Bush and Oval stations had all been evacuated.

London Underground confirmed that services on three lines -- Victoria, Northern and Hammermith and City -- were suspended following the incidents, according to PA.

Passengers at Warren Street reported seeing smoke but police could not confirm this.

One Underground passenger told Sky TV a traveler's rucksack had exploded on a train. The report has not been confirmed.

Ivan McCracken told Sky News: "I was in a middle carriage and the train was not far short of Warren Street station when suddenly the door between my carriage and the next one burst open and dozens of people started rushing through. Some were falling, there was mass panic.

"It was difficult to get the story from any of them what had happened but when I got to ground level there was an Italian young man comforting an Italian girl who told me he had seen what had happened.

"He said a man was carrying a rucksack and the rucksack suddenly exploded. It was a minor explosion but enough to blow open the rucksack.

"The man then made an exclamation as if something had gone wrong. At that point everyone rushed from the carriage."

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

Oval, warren street and Shepards Bush stations evacuated. And one bus in Hackney(?) #26 Service

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

This whole thing is pissing me off now. I hate not feeling secure.

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

This is terrible, attacks are going into Greater London... you cant even feel save if you avoid Central London now...

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Only one person confirmed injured it appears...i have Radio5 live on DAB

DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit