The Morality of the Future!

by Daunt 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    My personal view is that when we finally see the eating of peas with a knife as the height of manners, the picking of one's nose in public as a sign of respect for those round us, and the obligatory first-thing-fart as the best way of saying 'good morning dear'

.....you've just described all the men I know........sadly.

• daystar
    daystar

When a person poses a question such as yours, I will normally direct them to read Nietzsche's On The Geneology of Morals, to begin with.

• Daunt
    Daunt

Sorry Daystar that link isn't working the best for me.

• daystar
    daystar

Ah, sorry. It seems they've exceeded their daily bandwidth allowance. I must have pushed 'em over the edge.

Try this translation: http://www.mala.bc.ca/~johnstoi/Nietzsche/genealogytofc.htm

• willy_think
    willy_think
    Do you think this new age make your own morality idealogy will hold up against the billions who still look for their morality through older (or new eh) religions?

This is spin. there is no "new age" anything it's the same old.

Will the current democratic republic mentality of the world leaders hold up to an independent populace?

Democracy fails without an independent population, but since it is older then christianiaty i think it will be around for some time to come.

In a land where conformity is high men like Hitler, Stalin, and Charman Mow (spelling) rise. Beware conformity and the will of those who seek to impose it on you.

I mainly just want to know what you folks think will greatly help humanity as a whole. Preferably in the area of morality or education.

one half of the world population has and will never use a phone. to help the humanity help the humans, not corporate or goverment interests.

I'm getting a lot of negative views (mostly from my JW parents eh, but it's hard not to agree with them on some things) and I just wanted to know a few things that would help humanity as a whole. ).

There is nothing wrong with people today that was not wrong all along world history. you are being subjected to spin apon spin. one time my still JW brother Asked me it it was true that cities are dangerous and there are more bad people in the city then in the country. I said, there are more JW in New York then any other place and there good right, so there are more of every kind of people in the city good and bad, to focus on the bad is to close your eyes to half of reality. I would like to add when you are thinking on things beware of circular arguements. like: I am the chosen of god. The chosen of god can not lie. The chosen of god must be obeyed. You know I am the chosen of god because I say I am the chosen of god. Because I can not lie you must know I speak truth. this is how people try to reason when they are full of shi*

• Terry
    Terry
    Do you think this new age make your own morality idealogy will hold up against the billions who still look for their morality through older (or new eh) religions? Will the current democratic republic mentality of the world leaders hold up to an independent populace?

It always amazes me how little effort is put into defining MORALITY in everyday life although the subject is constantly discussed. For the average person it always seems to be something handed down from on high by God, Scripture, Governing Body or mystical elite. Yet, nothing could be farther from the truth of the matter.

The moral and the practical are not opposites. What is practical is what is moral.

What makes everyday life work is the knowledge of how to live a long and healthy life. That takes information KNOWN and PRACTICED. Yet, such is never regarded as ethical: the knowledge and practice of what works to create a good life. It almost always devolves down to religion or politics or, worst of all, law.

Morality actually has been REMOVED from people's lives and minds on purpose by RELIGION. Instead of learning how to live our lives practically and healthily and purposefully we are merely given rules not to break which are mere negative reinforcements. Knowledge of religious rules is not morality.

Religion teaches us we are worthy of nothing but death. We are dung. We are worthless. Humans only achieve imputed value when they surrender their mind to the group and serve it without asking for much at all. It is a religious idea that man only gains value when he sacrifices himself to others.

But, Morality teaches you to enjoy yourself and live in a way that doesn't invade others or harm them.

The first commandment of morality is: THINK RATIONALLY.

The harm we see being done in this world has come from people abandoning a good life of practical value because they have been taught life is worthless unless God grants it to them after a righteous death. Every manner of worthless behavior stems from that self-evaluation of worthless desperation as men try to grab every moment they can steal before God strikes them down.

Religion has taught us to fear others and condemn them. Morality would teach us how to co-operate.

Man cannot have happiness without the FREE will to create his own life for his own benefit. So, everywhere people, groups, governments, and religions use force, bullying, persuasion and violence to impose their inhuman creeds upon others (since those creeds are impractical and cannot work otherwise.)

Having a mind and using it is the only hope for a moral person. Education has to begin with practical information about the universe and not the incredibly naive and feckless nonsense that reeks of supernatural mysticism and superstition.

The average child believes nonsense because they have been taught from the cradle that the world and make-believe are pretty much identical. They learn few practical rules of thumb to apply their minds to.

Teens cannot arrange their lives for self-benefit because they haven't learned how to think in a way that is practical. They merely avoid authoritarian pressures and guess at the rest.

Guessing won't work in a kill and eat world.

• anewme
    anewme

I'll drink to that!

• Daunt
    Daunt

Very nice Terry. My thoughts exactly. Morals should always be based on reality and nature. There shouldn't be debate about certain things like homosexual marriages and whatnot. The only arguement against something like this is their own prejudice and it's amazing how people will admit their prejudice and not think it's prejudice.

• Valis
    Valis

I thought this might add to your discussion...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit