Inactive ones - new light.

by unique1 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ticker
    Ticker
    talk about how we should treat inactive ones. That the talk wen over how all witness should be extra kind to inactive ones in hopes of drawing them back.

5 years+ still counting, still no kindness. Suppose I have that "innactive apostate state of mind".

Ticker

• Ticker
    Ticker

eeeeks! Sorry bout the double post, my connection is not always the best and it went stale on me and I hit post again but I guess it did post both of them.

Ticker

• Honesty
    Honesty
    i always remind jw's that i see in social situations that they can count their time talking to me. you should see their eyes light up like i offered them a million dollars. "REALLY? THEN I'M SPENDING ALL MY TIME WITH YOU!"- that's how every pioneer reacts when i say that. imagine how much of a difference it makes, when, according to them, LIVES ARE INVOLVED

bethel minute

*** wiping Coke and Black Pepper Jack Flavor Doritos off monitor so that I can respond **** You are more worthy than an avowed apostate because all the Pioneers kick in the afterburner when they see me.

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Hmm, interesting. I am inactive, my husband is DF'd. No calls from the elders or anyone else in the congregation, including hubby's brother, my brother, my dad. They didn't even bother calling to tell me my hubby was DF'd. I guess I must have a reputation for an "apostate state of mind" or maybe I just faded away into oblivion.

• Redneck
    Redneck

Well that may explain why my elder neighbor stopped and spoke to me monday..only been back in the area 5 months and he drives by few times a day..So happened his assembly was just over sunday...hmmmm

• proplog2
    proplog2

The worst state to be in is a low hour publisher. It is better not to even report time than to report 4 or 5 hours per month. The assumption is that you are a slacker.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    should be extra kind to inactive ones

That will be nice ! but i am not holdig my breath... Since my wifes congo went to the convention we have been to the Hall a couple of Sundays.. Nobody has been extra kind to me. I have always made it clear that I would welcome a chat, still no takers.

Proplog, Around here 4 or 5 hours would make you a respected publisher . 'Things aint what they used to be.'

• Nellie
    Nellie

Undercover - We have very similar experiences - right down to the not being invited to the wedding bit.

Interestingly though, I ran into this former "good" friend two weeks ago, she was just as friendly as always (I mean this seriously), and I told her that I had called her a few months back and she didn't return the calls. (She never did return calls - always her m/o.) Anyway, I told her that I got the message she no longer wanted to talk to me. Imagine my surprise when she said, "Well, you know what's going on in my life, right?" Apparently her 15 year old son did "something" worthy of dfing (but got reproved because he was repentant), her hubby chose to step down as elder (although he didn't have to) and she wasn't returning anyone's calls back then - she was too distraught.

If it wasn't so sad, i'd have laughed! As a mother I sympathize with the whole disobedient kid thing, but as a an inactive, I wanted to say "na, na, na, na, na, you always thought your kids were better than mine!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit