question about deja vu & precognition???

by manicmama 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Emma
    Emma

This used to happen to me a lot as a child, too, and I got the jw explaination that it was the brain mis-firing or some such. It's (precognition)has happened only a few times in my adult life, but the most extensive and one I remember the most vividly was a few weeks ago; I wish I'd written it down. My friend was talking and in an instant I knew the outcome of the next few lines. It would have scared me a few years ago (demons!) but I was completely comfortable now.

My daughter tells me there are theories about "why" these things happen, but she doesn't believe science has the answer.

Interesting.

• manicmama
    manicmama

Thanks for the replies everybody!! Some very helpful suggestions.

After reading your experiences I would gather that mine are more precognitive. I went to Thanksgiving dinner at my sisters house (mom, said it was just a day to be able to have dinner since everybody was off work....yeeeaaaa right) and I was sitting there thinking this is the conversation that is going to happen next, it went word for word even to the point that I knew my sis was going to ask me to bring out the cake so I went to get it and I was coming around the corner and she said for me to get the cake and caught herself as she saw me, she said I must be reading her mind! There is no way I could have known about the conversation as I didn't know that this person was going to be there nor did I even know them.

I have walked into places and felt very at home, other places I knew I had to leave immediately. It seems that mine now are more of a warning in nature. I'm open to any more suggestions.

Thanks! mm

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I had a vague premonition a week before 9/11 (and expressed it at the time online), and had mentally pictured the destruction of the WTC as a child for many years (partly with influence from Watchtower illustrations), with some similarities with what actually happened later on. It was very shocking to see unfold what I had pictured in various ways over the years.

None of this I believe is the result of any "psychic abilities" etc., just an unfortunate coupling of coincidences that affected me in a rather unique way that day.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Leo,

You have the ability to see into the future, you might be just about to blossom in the future with this ability if you just surrender to it and see what unfolds. I sense something psychic in what you are describing,,but just the beginings of something. You are a product of evolution that may have started to develope for a reason, this ability, maybe a form of time amplication by feeding back to the past information to change future.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Think of the possiblities for goal oriented process to use something like that.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

one theory holds that there is the realm known as the astral plane where all thoughts and plans exist first and when given enough energy, some of them actually come to exist here afterwards. this theory goes that some are more able to see this realm than others, and that occasionally they can see what is coming by the joint planning of many minds...however sometimes these plans crumble and so their premonitions are not 100% ... like there are many reports of people envisioning the 9-11 attack just days before it happened...etc.

Nicola Tesla was said to be able to imagine [read created in the astral] a full machine, make it run and come back weeks later without having thought about it in the mean time..and then see which parts were waring so as to fix it in this realm...

I have also read that some like the rosicrucians who have mastered the art of building on that level have a temple there which they bring new ones to visit.

I know I have in dreams visitied many parallel worlds, perhaps that is where they arise and exist.

also magick is said to be about making the astral image strong enough to manifest here.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

frankiespeakin......I tend to doubt it. One interesting thing tho is that when I was a kid eating Chex cereal (e.g. in the late '70s, early '80s), I used to pretend the horizontal-vertical criss-hatched pieces were pieces of debris from the World Trade Center. On 9/11 when I saw some of the debris falling and lying on the ground, why, they looked liked Chex cereal in that regard.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Leo,

Did you ever hear of about one of Jung conversations with Freud:

http://www.crystalinks.com/synchronicity.html

Freud was alarmed by Jung's letter. Jung's interest in synchronicity and the paranormal rankled the strict materialist; he condemned Jung for wallowing in what he called the "black tide of the mud of occultism." Just two years earlier, during a visit to Freud in Vienna, Jung had attempted to defend his beliefs and sparked a heated debate. Freud's skepticism remained calcified as ever, causing him to dismiss Jung's paranormal leanings, "in terms of so shallow a positivism," recalls Jung, "that I had difficulty in checking the sharp retort on the tip of my tongue." A shocking synchronistic event followed.

Jung writes in his memoirs:

While Freud was going on this way, I had a curious sensation. It was as if my diaphragm were made of iron and were becoming red-hot--a glowing vault. And at that moment there was such a loud report in the bookcase, which stood right next to us, that we both started up in alarm, fearing the thing was going to topple over on us. I said to Freud: 'There, that is an example of a so-called catalytic exteriorization phenomenon.' 'Oh come,' he exclaimed. 'That is sheer bosh.' 'It is not,' I replied. 'You are mistaken, Herr Professor. And to prove my point I now predict that in a moment there will be another such loud report! 'Sure enough, no sooner had I said the words that the same detonation went off in the bookcase. To this day I do not know what gave me this certainty. But I knew beyond all doubt that the report would come again. Freud only stared aghast at me. I do not know what was in his mind, or what his look meant. In any case, this incident aroused his distrust of me, and I had the feeling that I had done something against him. I never afterward discussed the incident with him."

In formulating his synchronicity principle, Jung was influenced to a profound degree by the "new" physics of the twentieth century, which had begun to explore the possible role of consciousness in the physical world. "Physics," wrote Jung in 1946, "has demonstrated...that in the realm of atomic magnitudes objective reality presupposes an observer, and that only on this condition is a satisfactory scheme of explanation possible."

"This means," he added, "that a subjective element attaches to the physicist's world picture, and secondly that a connection necessarily exists between the psyche to be explained and the objective space-time continuum." These discoveries not only helped loosen physics from the iron grip of its materialistic world-view, but confirmed what Jung recognized intuitively: that matter and consciousness - far from operating independently of each other--are, in fact, interconnected in an essential way, functioning as complementary aspects of a unified reality.

The belief suggested by quantum theory and by reports of synchronous events - that matter and consciousness interpenetrate is, of course, far from new. ....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit