1919? 1935? From where?

by gringojj 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gringojj
    gringojj

I am trying to figure this one out. Okay I can understand that 1914 comes from some crazy equation so it can be argued that it was fixed in the bible. But what about 1919 and 1935? Those arent figured using any calculation or interpretatons of the bible are they? My reasoning is if they are not then where does the wts say they come from? If the wts isnt inspired, and they dont speak directly to god or jesus, then who the hell gave them thins info?

• gringojj
    gringojj

Anyone?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Both Russel and Ruthorford had eaten excessive amounts of fiber in their diet. This resulted in some "religious experiences" while sitting on the "thrown". It was during these "religious experiences" that they were "given" these dates.

• gringojj
    gringojj

I know this is what really happened, I was just wondering what the official wts explanation of this is. I am surprised all wts publications arent brown considering the fact that they all come from some old guys ass.

• martorii
    martorii

I think they count 3 1/2 years from the end of 1914 and get to 1918. Then after the release from prison of WT members in 1919 they compared that with the 2 witnesses from Rev 11 coming to life again.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

They counted 3 1/2 years from 1914?!?! Because 3 1/2 is mentioned in the Bible, somewhere, don`t remember where, but in 3 1/2 X 2 equals 7, as in 7 times? That`s just NUTS! They could just as well have added 666, it`s just ridicolous. God, I`m thinking Elsewhere`s right about these "heavenly inspirations", they must have definitely come while "sitting on the thrown".

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

1935. I love this one, I asked my elder brother, how this came to be, show me one inspired writing to abck it up.

his answer :

Well, there was a special talk at Cedar point Ohio(1935), in which Rutherford, stated, that not all had a heavenly hop, but an earthly hope. (Seems there were about 144,001 annoited ones in 1935 and this was causing problems). So he showed them that most would have an earthly hope and not a heavenly hope.

So Rutherford made something up just to fix the problem, the funny thing is, this is the only belief Witnesses believe from Rutherford, strange isn't it.

• gringojj
    gringojj

Really I think this creates a problem if they say they are not inspired. Where did this number come from? Where in the bible?

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are just grandiose pompous asses who believed that crucial bible chronologies and prophecies applied to them, it was just to impress the public and get some members for their religion.

I am sure they didn't really believe all that drivel, and so for the 1914 date that was meant to be armageddon ie the end of this world. He over inflated ego got badly bruised when his prophecies failed and Rutherford had a similar experience later.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    Really I think this creates a problem if they say they are not inspired. Where did this number come from? Where in the bible?

I don't think you will find one person on the planet who says it was inspired, the number (1935) simply made up to fix the problem of TOO MANY annoited class people during those years, absolutely nowhere in the bible, and i asked my brother this, show me anywhere in the NWT or ANY bible on the planet where God pointed to 1935 and heavens doors being closed. He couldn't. Any current or former elders out there what to take a shot at this, how would you answer this question from a publisher.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit