More Witness Book Reviews

by sixsixsixtynine 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

For some strange reason, these really crack me up. Although, I am starting to wonder if reading the Watchtower and Awake! is really equal to a college education.

______________________________________________________________________________

Jehovah's Witnesses and the Problem of Mental Ilness by Jerry Bergman (Amazon.com)

7 of 29 people found the following review helpful:

How dare he!!, September 29, 2000

Reviewer: A reader

I ran across this book by pure coincidence. What kind of audacity this author must have to assume that just because someone is a Jehovah's Witness that he or she is mentally ill!! Mental illness strikes people of all races, cultural, economical, AND RELIGIOUS backgrounds. As a Jehovah's Witness myself, I can attest to the fact that I AM NOT, REPEAT, AM NOT mentally ill. I am mentally sound and feel confident that I have made the right decision in choosing to become a Witness. The author of this atrocious publication should tuck his tail between his legs and head back to the writing table.

Jehovah's Witnesses by Robert Bowman (Amazon.com)

6 of 30 people found the following review helpful:

Injury, January 27, 2003

This book, is a tremendous lying comments and injury.

Of course, the the writer will deny this fact, but this is the reality.

Why You Should Believe the Trinity: An Answer.... by Robert Bowman (Amazon.com)

3 of 28 people found the following review helpful:

Not based on Scripture, May 25, 2000

I read your book Mr.Bowman and I'll say it didn't make any sense to me, where on the other hand, I just read through the brochure, "Should You believe in the Trinity," and it made perfect sense. I checked some of the quotes that were listed in the brochure and they were true to form and accurate, so shame on whoever says the quotes are wrong and I'm sorry, but shame on you Mr. Bowman for knocking down other religions. I'm a college student studing other religions.

Mrs.X

Answering Jehovah's Witnesses by David Reed (Amazon.com)

1 of 22 people found the following review helpful:

"They went out from among us...", July 15, 2003

Reviewer:Paul-Christian Roberts (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
    Stay away from the gangrene of apostates. If you must test your faith, do so by the scriptures (2 Cor.13:5, 1 Thess. 5:21, 1 John 4:1), and not by the sayings of rebellious defectors who now spend all or much of their time defaming the Watchtower Society for the cause of their error and wrongdoing. Garbage in, garbage out; nothing can come from the vile words of this sort-Gr."apostasia", a falling away. You will know them by their works.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I Was Raised a Jehovah's Witness by Joe Hewitt (Amazon.com)

33 of 98 people found the following review helpful:

Envy is scary, September 23, 1999

I have been a Witness all my life and hope to continue for all eternity. I have served as a regular pioneer, a bethelite, and currently a M.S. For those who leave the truth I pity you, most likely pride stumbled you out and now to justify yourselve's you resort to half truths and out right lies. I could personally make someone beleive anything by giving half the story. Ask yourself since leaving the orginzation is your life better? Your marriage? Your conscience? In most cases I doubt it. I know this because of instead of getting on with your life you look to tear down your former friends or should I say brothers. Ask yourself do the people of your current faith display the love you once treasured so much? I can say without hesitation you don't and if you could remove the hate and pride you could see it as well.

Jehovah's Witnesses: Their Claims, Doctrinal Changes... By Edmund Gruss (Amazon.com)

0 of 17 people found the following review helpful:

not enough there., September 26, 2004

Reviewer:Mark "macro polo" (TX) - See all my reviews
    No useful information is given. every religion in the world has claim to know when the world will end. everything Jehovah Witnessesss believe is find in the bible everything from the 144,000 in Revelation 14:1-4. To The end of this world.

60 Questions Every Jehovah's Witness..... by Ian Brown (Amazon.com)

3 of 24 people found the following review helpful:

Don't waste your money, September 26, 2004

Reviewer:Mark "macro polo" (TX) - See all my reviews
    These questions are not helpful.. any kid could answer them

any one with bible knowledge can Tare it apart.. all answer are in the Bible.....

Awakening of a Jehovah's Witness by Diane Wilson (Amazon.com)

5 of 43 people found the following review helpful:Common slander/libel again Jehovah's Witnesses, January 15, 2004

Reviewer:Thomas - See all my reviews
    This is the kind of common slander/libel that is used against Jehovah Witnesses repeatedly time and again. If you want the truth about Jehovah Witnesses please go to http://www.watchtower.org and http://www.jw-media.org for their practices and beliefs.

A reviewer ([email protected]), interested in all religions, July 15, 2002, alt1 out of 5 stars It's a bit harsh! How old is this argument? It's a well known fact that more and more people carry 'no blood transfusion' cards with them - not JW's!! Blood carries many deseases as we're all aware, and plus, there are so many salines available to use instead of blood that is easier for the body to accept. Anyhow, my JW friend was in hospital, no one forced her not to have blood, JW's view life as sacred and would never let people(children) die! They have a commitee of ministers who are either also doctors, or well learned medically to help the hospitals provide succesful bloodless surgery! If Reed really knew about this - instead of just trying to discredit the JW's then he would realise this. I mean come on...how many deaths do hear of now? and there would be such a comotion if there was - because people like Reed are just dying to use it against them!!! JW's are a registed religion based on nothing but voluntery donations - not a money grabbing cult or sect. Its a shame he's so nasty towards them - and how he obviously doesn't know as much as he makes out - its made me sceptical about him and his other publications! Reading this amused me however, he's obviously a bit disturbed and wants to turn people away from JW's for some reason?! Read it for a good laugh. _____________________________________________________________________________
    I Was Raised a Jehovah's Witness by Joe Hewitt (bn.com)
    One of Jehovah's people, a person who loves god and his son December 24, 2003 alt5 out of 5 stars THIS IS WRONG! I am one of Jehovah's witnesses myself. We are not a cult. We want to give you all the truth and this world is so endulged in it's own self-worth, that people are unwilling to respect us for what we are trying to give, the truth about god and his hope for mankind. Hyprocrisy is so rampid among those who willing to be blinded by satan. This person is apparently a apostate. And wishes to only see what Satan wants him to see. Jehovah's witnesses are not bad people. We love Jehovah out god, and his son Jesus and want to help all who want to know and accept the truth. We get all our facts from the bible, God's word. No question about it! Please do not take the witnesses for what this author has to say. If you have any questions, look up your local Kingdom Hall to speak with Jehovahs people and may the truth about God be reavealed to you!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Grrrrrreat!

I just applied to list my ex-jw books on Amazon. Can't wait to see the reviews, LOL!

• willyloman
    willyloman

Thanks for sharing. These idiots chase more people away from the organization than they attract, thanks to their weak arguments and sloppy language.

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

Yeah, my favorite is the guy at the bottom, who says "This is wrong!". And then gives the book five stars! Whaaa!?!?

• Odrade
    Odrade
    Ask yourself since leaving the orginzation is your life better? Your marriage? Your conscience?

Yes, yes, and, oh, that would be a yes.

this one gets me...

I could personally make someone beleive anything by giving half the story.

right, because we're all so dumb and gullible that we will believe crazy made up stories even with 1/2 the "facts."

I AM NOT, REPEAT, AM NOT mentally ill.

Bwahahahahaha! ooops. sorry

JW's view life as sacred and would never let people(children) die!

Tell that to my two dead friends...

I'm a college student studing other religions.

Right... and I'm a famous movie star studying a role as a former cult member.

alt5 out of 5 stars

Maybe he got confused and thought he was rating his own review? Either way, it doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence in his opinion.

oh, one more:

rampid
    is this a cross between vapid and rampant? as in rampant vapidity? In that case I suppose it fits him...
  • sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    I'm a college student studing other religions.

Yeah, I liked that one too. Sure "Mrs. X", sure you are.

This one is great too:

Anyhow, my JW friend was in hospital, no one forced her not to have blood,
    Oh, you're not a Witness, your friend is. Sorry honey, but Witnesses don't have "worldly" friends. LIAR!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit