The WT's muffled message: Where's the ``Good News of the Kingdom" in This?

by Room 215 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Room 215
    Room 215

It's been commented on several times on this forum, but it would seem that the billions of hours lavished by JWs in purportedly getting their message to the public has been a dismal failure, at least if measured by the extent to which they've been able get their core beliefs (i.e., God's kindom has been established invisibly in 1914 and you had better get with our program or face annihilation -- and soon) -- across to the public.

It's no wonder. Take a look at some of the front-page titles of this current year's magazines (especially the Awake! which most JWs like to feature in preference to the WT) and ask yourselves: where the !#!%! is the ``Good News of the Kingdom" in any of this?

.--January 22: Understanding Your Doctor

-- February 8: Relief From Stress!

-- February 22: The Role of Mothers as Educators

-- March 8: Flying: How Did it Start? How Safe is it?

-- May 22: Are You Getting Enough Exercise?

-- June 8: Alone but Not Lonely

-- June 22: Shoplifting.. The Price We All Pay

-- July 8: How to Find a Job and Keep it

-- June 15: Work-- A Blessing or a Curse?

And so on, ad infinitum, ad nauseum (1 Cor. 14:8)

• Ticker
    Ticker

Well in the awake header it used to qoute the creator as promising "That this generation that witnessed the events of 1914 would not pass away until these promises were fullfilled". What happened to that important promise? Same as the rest when their date failed they abandoned it along the wayside as if it was never really anything significant anyway, and hope in time people will forget it ever existed. Probably much the same with the Awake articles, too afraid to step out on a limb with any more big promises of the good news of the Kingdom. They seem to be cautious now but still spout their "oh were in the final hour" jargon to people.

Ticker

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

This is the classic Bait-n-Switch scam. They get a person interested in some mondane thing and then use that to push their cult.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

The Awake is rubbish.

The letters page used to make me laugh. Someone was always thanking them profusely for an article that had either made them cry or saved their life. Heres one I remember :

"I cried when I read your article on home made bread.." WTF!!

By comparison the letters page on Viz is much better:

"Lorry drivers remember - when overtaking each other on dual carriageway always drive at 50 and 51mph respectively"
    and
    "If you want that Elvis sparkle on your best suit simply let some slugs crawl all over it"

No comparison is there?

• Netty
    Netty

But you know what gets me, they will adamently defend that they in fact are successfully preaching the good news to the whole world. Pathetic, lots of people dont even know who they are. If they do, they dont know what the heck their purpose is in pushing these INTERESTING magazines.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Where's the ``Good News of the Kingdom" in This?

Nowhere.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Do not forget this wonderful news from The FDS - Awake will go monthly from January 8th 2006 and concentarte on the bible so I am sure we are all keenly anticipating this wonderful new provision and in fact almost drooling

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The good news of the kingdom is just Armagedons comming so you better beware. Only those that choose us and do exactly like we dictate,, will get life, so empty out your brains and let us think for you. Serve us!!1 we are great!! we are the best!!!, were not like all the rest!!! Swindler BS!!!!.

• potleg
    potleg

The good news of the kingdom that the WT tries to shove down people's throats is not the same as Christ's good news is it? Don't remember christ teaching that the org is gods sole channel or a 2 tier salvation arrangement...etc etc

The WT good news is ...gods.going to kill just about everyone..."soon" No more war, poverty, crime famine...because they're all dead...get rid of starvation...kill all the hungry people. This is the real news behind the pretty pictures of smiling fruit pickers in paradise.

Katiekitten got it right...The Awake is rotten, and I'll add...so is everything else about this destructive cult that hides behind lies and deceptions.

• Ticker
    Ticker

Dont mind my saying but Katie Kitten is cute!

Ticker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit