Another resource

by Justin 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

Why would the gb allow this? I thought they didn't like members going past certain dates or having total control of which versions were out there? How much is accurate? What is missing may be the real question? carla

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I believe he is saluting the rising sun...the dawning of new light...

No, the WTS demands that anytime a man is naked, he is supposed to put his hands on his head so he is not tempted to masturbate.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

"No, the WTS demands that anytime a man is naked, he is supposed to put his hands on his head so he is not tempted to masturbate."

Well, that never worked with me.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

So why isn't the watchtower shutting them down?

• Justin
    Justin

Good questions! I'm afraid I can't answer questions regarding the site - it's merely a resource which we're glad to have. Previously we could use the Bible Student sites to access Russell's publications, and now we'll have Rutherford's as well. I would hope folks use this for their own research, and not attempt to involve the person responsible for it in controversy as we are dealing with someone who is not sympathetic with our own views. They have their own reasons for what they do. Also, I doubt that the Society would make any public statement to the effect that they do not want the older literature even read.

I did think the drawing of the naked man was rather unusual, but at the time it was probably viewed as being in the tradition of classical art and people suppressed any prurient interest they might have.

I think a way to understand this religion is to begin with Russell and his immediate context, then see how Rutherford changed much of it, and finally the finishing touches were put in place by Fred Franz. What its ultimate outcome will be is anyone's guess. So, as the person responsbile for the site adds more of Rutherford's books, we'll get a clearer picture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit