The Loving Provision Of Disfellowshipping.

by Englishman 64 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock - Unit 5(c) del 3 From the manual for elders of Jehovah's Witnesses

"Pay Attention To Yourselves and to All the Flock"

UNIT 5 (c) -- Part 3 of 3

Clarifications and Guidelines on Handling Certain

Matters

Even though all Iying is bad, when considering a case of

lying, elders should use good judgment, balance, and

reasonableness in determining the gravity of the sin and

whether it is a practice.

Some lying may involve either exaggerating the facts or

petty, misleading statements of relatively minor

consequence.

The person may have lied because of momentary pressure

or fear of man. (Matt. 26:69-75 )

Unless it is established by witnesses or confession that he

has made a practice of flagrant, malicious lying, the elders

would endeavor to readjust the person through loving

Scriptural admonition without holding a judicial hearing.

gozz...this is from the elders book..from the chapter that discusses all the actions that require judicial hearings...

and i know what you mean i too have been lied to..to my face..in elders meetings and on judicial commitees...the justification used is...apostle peter did it...i was under pressure at the time..or its none of your business..

this weekend my family were at their dc...i told them to say to anyone that asks about me(not that many will)..that i am sick of being lied to and lied about

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

i was actually df'd months before the announcement. anytime they have an elders meeting after a regular meeting people notice when you stick around longer than you usually do and it doesn't take long for the word to get out that you did something they thought you shouldn't of done. by the time the guessing game is done people think you been smoking crack at the local whore house or something so they stay away from you. it made it a lot easier on me that way so i guess it was good.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Re: Lying being a DFing offense, this is from the Elder's manual:

Deliberate, malicious lying; bearing false witness. (Prov. 6: 16, 19; Col. 3:9; Rev. 22:15; it-2 pp. 244-5)
    http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040321/SECRETBOOKS/604016

~Merry

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's amazing how easily and how much a dub's reputation can get damaged and that can make things difficult when others have negative ideas about you it undermines your social life and perhaps family life. They get marginalised.

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Of all the practices of JWs, this is the one that most normal folks think is the weirdest. When I tell people that my dad was forced to miss my grandmother's wedding (remarried after being widowed), the weddings of three cousins, and numerous high school graduations and family get-togethers, because he was disfellowshipped--they're appalled.

Some members of my family were more rigid than others about enforcing the rules and the WT's waffling over the years (no contact through the 60s, a more open approach during the "reorganization" that Ray Franz writes about, back to shunning) combined to make it hit or miss as to whether my dad was welcomed.

As for the local congregation? They didn't just disfellowship my dad; they disfellowshipped the whole family. And now they profess to be baffled as to why none of us kids ever "made the truth our own." Uh, how 'bout 'cause you kicked our dad out and treated us like crap for years?

Can you tell that disfellowshipping makes my blood boil?

Jankyn (who would Jesus disfellowship?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit