Thoughts please..

by WILKO 5 Replies latest jw friends

• WILKO
    WILKO

This is something that I would like thoughts on, well two things really.

I was disfellowedship about ten years ago, so witnesses reading this will say am bitter, apostate, whatever they like, couldnt careless really, am just an ordinary gal married expecting her first baby working etc..

But is it or is it not unchristian to be ignorant?

Thats what some witnesses do to those disfellowshipped. I will say some, cos some still speak to me as they thought I didnt deserve such a fate or at least thought I should have been reinstated after three years of sitting in a hall of about ninty ignorant beggers!! I had to give up in the end, too many were getting stumbled as the elders wouldnt reinstate me, I think they were worried it would make them look like they had got it wrong or something. Sorry going off plot..

So first of all do we think its christian to be ignorant? Please no endless scripture quotes, I know the one about not eating with such a man, never asked you witnesses to tea!!

And second, I have seen some comments from Witnesses on this site, ie about the apostate leaflet. Am sure they are advised not to visit potentially apostate sites. Well cos am disfellowshipped I suppose am supposed to be apostate so why do they log on to sites like these and read thoughts from people like me who really arent apostate at all just found that the Witness way of life wasnt what they thought it would be..

Comments from anyone? I have nothing against the Witnesses if they want to comment feel free I respect what they do, although sometimes I see them round and about and feel sorry for them in the rain, still preaching, still waiting for armageddon. But they do need to understand that just as you expect people to give you freedom of speech, you have to give others that too, it doesnt make them an automatic apostate just someone with a different view.

Good luck, Sarah x

• Ellie
    Ellie

Can't really answer this question except to say you are so right about the freedom of speech thing, it makes me see red that they think its ok to go bothering people on a Saturday morning, knocking hard working people out of bed on their day off to tell them they will die at armageddon if they dont become a witness, yet if someone has the nerve to even question their religion they are apostate.

• lilybird
    lilybird

No.. it is not Christian the way JWS treat disfellowshipped people. They say the act in "Christlike" manner... but that is their own twisted view of Christians. Jesus did not shun or push away anyone. JWs are taught to think they are better than "worldly" people. Their religion is the only "true" religion...... There is nothing Christian or Christlike about them.... It is just another cultlike way the governing body came up with to keep the masses following.. if they are always afraid of the world and the "worldly people"... they will not stray........... I think Dubs check out apostate sites mostly because they are told it is wrong and evil and human nature being what it is........... they are curious and check it out.. then they feel guiltly and feel the need to try and bring us back into their cultlike life...... well ...that's my thoughts anyways.......

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Hi

Firstly if you see what apostate actually means- it means someone who has left their religion. Simple as that. JW's make out that is means someone actively opposed, but they are wrong. Its certainly not christian to be ignorant, or act ignorant, but it is human- especially if you think you are superior, which they will think.

This is ultimately a JW discussion forum... JW's, ex-JW's and non-Jw's are all welcome. If you did a poll however, mosts here are ex-JW's. The Governing Body do not like JW's seeing sites like this one, because we tell the truth, and the truth about the false teachings, the way normal rank and file JW's are being mislead and their unscriptural dealing with important issues.

Have you read a book called Crisis of Conscience? Its by a chap called Ray Franz, who was once a member of the governing body. If you havent- look it up. It'll knock your socks off!

Paul

• Balsam
    Balsam

Interesting question to which I think you will find no good answer. Basically the NT was written by those who had some education of their day. But the majority of Christians were uneducated. Most of the apostles and disciples were unlearned men and women. Most could not even read or write more than likely Jesus couldn't either. I think that is why the lowly discarded people were drawn to him, he was like them.

I know the WTS uses that very idea to enforce followers from university educations. Keeping people dumbed down is a way of controling them.

Isn't that just sickening they would make you attend meetings for 3 years and not allow you to be reinstated. Sick is what it is. I was told when I was disfellowshipped don't expect to be reinstated. They told me since I left my Ministerial Servant JW husband for another man and divorced my wonderful husband I would have a long time wait till they could ever consider reintatement for me. They wanted me to stay with that abusive man so they wouldn't have to disfellowship me. I just laughed at them, and thought where in the bible is that rule? Don't let them get your goat so to speak, their a bunch of self-righteous ignorant men ruled over by an even dumber organization fully of hypocrites.

Do you still have family in the witness?

Balsam

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

If anyone is ignorant it's the JWs that follow blindly the orders from WBTS, not you. They take words and twist them to mean whatever they want it to mean. They probably check out these sites to see what their competition is doing and try to find the identities of anyone that can. They are scared that people actually started thinking for themselves and called them on their shit. I"ve been out 20 years, sometimes I do still get pissed off at them for tearing up families and trying to screw with people's minds. They use scare tactics to keep people in line.

Disfellowshipping and shunning is another of their threats. Nothing god-like about that. Who wants a god that is constantly giving out threats of doom and gloom? Who wants a god that doesn't seem to happy, and that never seems to want the best for it's followers??? This is where I have to thank my 12 step group! I "fired" my god (jehovah) and now have one that wants only what is best for me. One that allows me to be imperfect and make mistakes, and then forgives me. One that shows UNCONDITIONAL love---something we never knew existed in the world of the dubs!!!

I kinda like my pagan faith! For a while I felt guilty, but not anymore. Everyone is entitled to a god of their own understanding!!

gotta love it-

shelley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit