I'm your reasoned alibis
    I'm inside open your eyes
    I'm you
    Sad But True
  • xjwms
    xjwms

Hi Blondie

Thanks for this weeks review.

I love your comments on Par 14. I'm so glad to find out that I really am, ... "Slacking Off " ' ! !

• heathen
    heathen

This article is very confusing especially after the WTBTS spin on the scriptures . One minute they are saying its up to you to determine how much is enough then they are saying you should do as much as you are capable of doing . They used to always talk about the high standard that God sets and that all are supposed to reach that at some point . Of course the bar was always raised by the publishing corporation . The constant the end is so ever close so we should do more and more and more ............. I am glad to see they at least discuss humility even tho the publishing corporation shows none . They might as well say , after you are done giving us our share, if you have enough left over go ahead and find a charitable cause amongst yourselves ....

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Blondi,

Thanks again fro taking the time to post this stuff.

SAVED, NOT BY WORKS ALONE, BUT BY UNDESERVED KINDNESS

Did you notice the qualifier in this title the word "Only" which automatically in JW speak means: "you need works" + undeserved kindness.

This way of phrasing it allows the Governing Body to still demand works like going out in FS as neccasarry for salvation.

• bennyk
    bennyk

Hmmm. My printed Index of Watchtower Publications 1930-1985, copywrite 1986, has NO citation for the two 1976 articles; only a listing for w1980 and ad1431. A few months back, I had to run thru the 1976 WT issue by issue to find them; why were they deleted from the original Index? (Old light!) And (more puzzling): why are they now again to be found in the Index?

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, jgnat

So this entire article is to motivate congregation members to fill out their time card. Sounds like Fuller Brush salesmen to me.

Good analogy. Can you imagine Timothy, Paul, or Dorcas filling out a time card and sending it to Jerusalem? Do you imagine that the 12 or 70 Jesus sent out came back and told him how many hours and literature they placed?

Ithinkisee,

Do you have that page number or a brief quote about time reporting?

I do know that Rutherford really got the ball rollling.

Thanks, bennyk,

I found out a few years ago that the GB doesn’t even directly approve/consider the appointments of any but those on the branch committees or the COs/DOs. They have delegated the approval of elders to a separate group of brothers/men.

After seeing the work of the HS in the congregations regarding elders selected in the first place and how they remain elders despite serious sins, I know that it is only the direction of men at work here.

Also that we have the same access to holy spirit according to the WTS in writing but the WTS does not teach this in reality by action.

w96 6/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

Can

we say that God’s servants today who have the earthly hope have as much of God’s spirit as do spirit-anointed Christians?

Members of the "other sheep," though not having had the experience of being anointed, in other respects do receive holy spirit. The Watchtower of April 15, 1952, observed:

"The ‘other sheep’ today perform the same preaching work as the remnant, under the same trying conditions, and manifest the same faithfulness and integrity. They feed at the same spiritual table, eating the same food, absorbing the same truths. Being of the earthly class, with earthly hopes and a keen interest in earthly things, they might interest themselves more in scriptures relating to earthly conditions in the new world; whereas the anointed remnant, with heavenly hopes and strong personal interest in the things of the spirit, might study more diligently those things in God’s Word. . . . Yet the fact remains that the same truths and the same understanding are available to both classes, and it is just how the individuals apply themselves in study that determines the comprehension of heavenly and earthly things they acquire. The Lord’s spirit is available in equal portions to both classes, and knowledge and understanding are offered equally to both, with equal opportunities for absorbing it."

Well, min, you were an elder?

Is the "elder arrangement" REALLY scriptural???

How would you answer that?

Good summary, Elsewhere,

Only do more if you feel like you can - you are under no obligation and should not compare your efforts to the efforts of others. HOWEVER, if you do not do more and do at least the national average you will die at Armageddon.

Another example of WTS speaking out of both sides of their mouth.

So troucul,

Who wrote that song? What part do you think strongly applies here?

Hey, xjwms,

Another term is "token service."

Of course, the WTS through the elders decide what is token service for the individuals in the congregation.

Yes, heathen,

As Elsewhere pointed out, the WTS covers their butt by presenting 2 conflicting statements

One minute they are saying its up to you to determine how much is enough then they are saying you should do as much as you are capable of doing

Frankie,

This way of phrasing it allows the Governing Body to still demand works like going out in FS as neccasarry for salvation.

This way of presenting a point is very confusing to the rank and file. I once explained how it was a free gift and you could not earn life to a person at the door. By the time I was done it was evident to me and that person that I supported the scriptural viewpoint which was not the WTS viewpoint. One more step in my road away from the WTS.

BTW, frankie, how would you explain that works are not necessary; what scriptures would you use to reason with a JW?

Very interesting, bennyk.

My citation is from the 2003 WT-CD. I have my paper indexes packed away.

My printed Index of Watchtower Publications 1930-1985, copywrite 1986, has NO citation for the two 1976 articles; only a listing for w1980 and ad1431.

Looks like the WTS has done some sneaky editing. The Studies in the Scriptures were edited that way to take out previous statements that did not come to pass (predictions?).

I wonder why they would take it out of the paper index and leave it in the CD?

Love, Blondie

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Blondie,

BTW, frankie, how would you explain that works are not necessary; what scriptures would you use to reason with a JW?

I would say forget everything religion teaches you, they don't have a clue. Don't let some book about myths guide your life. Look at the world without religion telling us how things look.

• blondie
    blondie

So you would discount the Bible altogether then?

Picking one or maybe two points, how would you explain that to a JW, frankie?

Blondie

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'd leave that to you christians and after you have had enough fun with him giving your interprations of what the bible means after he done then I would simply add "It's all B S don't try to make sense of it,,we were savages and now we are becoming civilized don't live by ancient ethics, move on to bigger horizons.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Good work, as usual, Blondie. How you can wade through all that shit and still keep your sanity is beyond me!

I was intrigued by this:

The apostle Paul was well-aware of this fact. After having prayed three

times for relief from "a thorn in the flesh ," he received Jehovah's reply:

"My undeserved kindness is sufficient for you; for my power is being made

perfect in weakness."

This statement implies that God's "power" was not perfect, but was a work-in-progress. Moreover, God's "power" gets more perfect because of human weakness. What a crock of dung and how demeaning to any self-respecting God.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit