Did you ever see an elder with a 2 door car?

by JH 63 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I already bought 2 door cars, and the witnesses didn't like it... I felt looked down upon, as it was a sin to buy a 2 door car.

Now imagine an elder buying a 2 door car...

• scotsman
    scotsman

I was an elder and I only ever had two door cars. Is this an American thing?

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Nope the elders I knew drove top of the range company cars as they were sales reps and doing very well out of it too. Well if they can sell the orgs bull what can't they sell?

• undercover
    undercover

The 2 door car syndrome was more prominent in my area during the late 60s and 70s. I remember the talks and counsel on buying 4 door growing up, but by the time I hit the age where I could buy a car, a lot of JWs had 2 door cars. In fact my first four cars were 2 doors. I didn't buy a 4 door until I had both a muscle car and a truck in my stable. Many elders that I knew owned trucks, sports cars and then a service car.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I'm pretty sure its an American thing - I think American's 2 door cars means sports cars. But I knew lots of people in the UK who had clapped out tiny european cars with 2 doors - they still had full back seats - it was just cheaper to get a 2 door punto than a 5 door saloon - in fact it was a symbol of being a good poor JW here.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Scotsman , it was common in canada to be strongly encouraged to purchase 4 door sedans or even better vans in order to be able to take more people out in service and make it easier for publishers to get out of the backseat.

Several young people were counseled when they bought 2 doors as their first cars as they weren't putting the preaching work first.

Damselfly

• JH
    JH

In our KH parking lot, out of 40 some cars, all of them are 4 door cars....

ALL OF THEM ! You might see one 2 door car once in a while, but it could be the family's second car...

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

I must admit I'm curious why publishers can't get out the back of two door cars?

• JH
    JH

because its easier to get out of a 4 door car, and if you put the kingdom first, you WILL buy a 4 door car....or else....

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

what is wrong with 2 door cars, it is just a matter of personal preference. Lots of elders have 2 door cars, some have no cars, some have 4 or 5 door cars, some have a bike.

So?

Danny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit