Is good fortune on my side? Wife wants to move.

by ithinkisee 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Odrade
    Odrade

Damn, I'm going to be the dissenting opinion. Again.

If you move to a smaller area before she is ready to give it up you will be in even bigger hurt than you are now. She will start going to the KH, get "love-bombed" because in a small town a new person (especially one who goes in F.S.) is a novelty, you will have people dropping by, she will make a new friend and not want to make a bad impression by quitting. If you quit in a a small town AFTER she gets involved with the local congregation YOU WILL NEVER GET AWAY FROM THEM!

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about on this one. If you think she is teetering, wait for her to start down the other slope of "I'll never go back." It's likely she is looking at this move more as a way to start over "clean slate" in a new congregation where she can be active, but not have 40 people ask her every meeting what is going on with you. She might also be thinking that if she can get you away from the current congregation and into somewhere new and fresh, you might not be so disillusioned and you'll feel better about being at the meetings.

Odrade, who really wishes she had quit BEFORE the move.

• Es
    Es

Thats fantasic, you must be so happy! Let us know of the progress es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit