Was Jesus PERFECT in his human form?

by sinis 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IronGland
    IronGland

Was Jesus Perfect? hmmm...

Are gnomes good builders or a little overrated? Was Gandalf a good Wizard? How exactly did the Stargate allow one to be transported? What do the red and blue button do on Darth Vaders suit?

• Carmel
    Carmel

Physically he was short a set of chromosomes if you take the bible literally! That itself would disqualify him from being a "perfect" man, unless of course, you change the definition of the latter.

Terry,, me thinks we are pretty close on this one!

CARMEL

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Hibiscus, you think the teenaged Jesus happened to have a wet dream?
    This would mean that he was unclean according to Jewish law. Hence, not perfect?

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    Hibiscus, you think the teenaged Jesus happened to have a wet dream?

This would mean that he was unclean according to Jewish law. Hence, not perfect?

I believe Narkissos covered this before. Ritually unclean is not the same as sin. Sin involves will and there is no will in a dream.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi sinis

incapable of sinning at all

My first thought on this was he wasn't incapable of sinning otherwise he wouldn't have been human. The Bible says this much 'He was tempted in all ways as we are but did not sin' . Also, there wouldn't have been any point in Satan tempting him in the wilderness if he wasn't capable of sinning.

I liked that previous analogy of the 'spoon or fork to eat soup' although I never thought of it like that before! Maybe Jesus was 'perfect' in that he was a suitable ransom sacrifice - he didn't sin only with respect to the fact that he was totally obedient to his Father's will. Other things which we would regard as possibly sinful such as his getting angry wouldn't then impinge on his 'perfect' state.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit