Is the GB guilty of stumbling christian? matt18:6

by Winston 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Winston
    Winston

Matthew 18: 6,7 "If anyone should cause one of these little ones to turn away from his faith in me, it would be better for that man to have a large millstone tied around his neck and be drowned in the deep sea.
    How terrible for the world that there are things that make people turn away! Such things will alway happen--but how terrible for the one who causes them."

Has the Governing body really been responcible for causing real genuine belevers in Jesus Christ to stumble the way Jesus says at Mathew 18?

I would like to save these comments that you all make on my hard drive? pro or con wanted!

Thanks Winston.

The Never Ending Search For Truth

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Winston... may you have peace!

Has the Governing body really been responcible for causing real genuine belevers in Jesus Christ to stumble the way Jesus says at Mathew 18?

By the spirit of my Father, JAH OF ARMIES, that is in, holy spirit, by means of His Christ, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, I say to you:

Yes... BIG TIME!

Jeremiah 7
    Jeremiah 23-25
    Ezekiel 34
    Matthew 23

By that same spirit, I say to you with regard to:

The Never Ending Search For Truth

You can end your 'search'... by letting yourself be FOUND... by the Truth. For indeed, neither he... nor my Father... are 'far off' from any of us.

John 14:6
    John 8:32, 36
    Acts 17:27

Therefore, I say to you, that if you are 'wishing', and 'thirsting'... and 'hearing'... what the Spirit AND the Bride says to the congregation, then I bid you:

"COME! Take 'life's water'... free!"

Revelation 22:17

May the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, JAH OF ARMIES, and the peace of His Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, come to be upon you... you and entire household... if you so 'wish' it.

I bid you peace.

Your servant, as I am servant to ALL of the Household of the Holy One of Israel, JAH OF ARMIES, and a slave of His Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH,

SJ

• zev
    zev

it is in my opinion, that they are inded guilty as charged.

and even if their "right" which i'm not saying they are, they have a hell of alot of explaining to do as to what and how they handled things and what they have and havn't done.

i wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

-Zev, honourary member, The hurling class
    __
    Zev
    The greatest consistancy of the WTBTS is their INconsistancy.

• neyank
    neyank

Hi Winston,

Of course this is just my opinion,
    but I do believe the GB is responsible for turning
    many people away from God.

The fact is, many people have believed that the WTS is Gods
    chosen orginization and they are the only ones that have the "truth".
    Only to find out that the WTS is a man run and man ruled org.

When people realize that thay have been fooled,lied to, and so on,
    and have given up a large part of their lives to serve a group of men
    that have claimed to be the only way to get to God, they are left
    wondering if the WTS is wrong then who is right?

How many times have we heard "The WTS may not get everything right but,
    they are the closest thing to the right religion around"?

I think because so many have thought this way and found that the WTS really
    isn't the closest thing to the right religion, they are left with thinking that
    maybe there isn't a right religion. Maybe there isn't a God that cares about mankind.
    Maybe the Bible isn't the Word of God.

neyank

• You Know
    You Know

Jeus said that causes for stumbling were inevitable, but he pronounced woe for the one through whom they come. In the case of the GB, the one through whom the causes for stumbling have come is primarily Ray Franz. He is the one has used his credibility as a former member of the GB to set before others numerous stumbling blocks. Without Ray Franz, and other prominent apostates, who have widely advertised the Watchtower's flaws, many of this things that cause stumbling would never have become known. But, the Scriptures do acknowledge that there are inevitable stumbling blocks, and that the angels will remove these from among Jehovah's people during the time of judgment.

The bottom line though is that for those who truly love God and his word, there is no stumbling block. Basically, those who stumble are inwardly looking for some reason to excuse themselves from the faith. Jehovah lovingly provides such ones with ample reason to disqualify themselves from his blessing if they so choose. But, there is no legitimate excuse before God. That's because even Jesus, who is called "the stone of stumbling," himself stumbled others by certain teachings of his. So, Jehovah allows such stumbling to go on in order to refine his people by allowing insincere and faithless ones to up-end themselves over various things. That's just the way it is for now.

/ You Know

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld
    Without Ray Franz, and other prominent apostates, who have widely advertised the Watchtower's flaws, many of this things that cause stumbling would never have become known.

Ah ha! So THAT's the problem - these things are OK to do, just don't get caught. Evil apostates catching Jah's people in mis-behavour ... how dare they!? Silly me.

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

I love how Sideshow Bob thinks getting up & walking tall & proud out of his cult is 'stumbling.'

Just like he thinks his Jehoober's death&destruction fetish is 'good news'.

Yer cult has flaws? "Don't ask, don't tell."

Robert, your brain is not just to keep the wind from howling through your earholes. Try actually using it for once you git.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Oh come off it You Know!

Most posts I've read in the past coupla weeks testify that people have already started exiting the Borg following their bad experiences at the hands of elders and general disillusionment before they read Ray Franz's books. Yes COC and ISOCF are invaluable in clarifying and confirming the thoughts that the readers have but note that they serve to clarify in most cases, not to originate.

In regard to the question raised in the thread about stumbling, the answer is self-evident. It doesn't need proving. The testimonies are here in their thousands. How will these men stand before their Great Judge and King at Judgment Day? How indeed can the individual congregation elders of honest heart live with themselves? Better that they have the millstone around the neck is how they should be feeling. One sister said to me that she liked her husband being an elder. So that's why he doesn't ask, doesn't question.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"There are two ways of moving men, interest and fear" Napoleon

• chappy
    chappy

You Know,

When the ancient prophets, with Gods blessing, exposed the hypocracy of the leadership of "Gods people" Israel, do you consider them to have been a stumbling block to the righteous of the time? If you insist, as does the WTS, that Israel was a picture of Jehovahs organization today, then Ray Franz fits the picture as one of those prophets. If they weren't, then the WTS is just another drop in the ocean of christendom. Which is it? You can't have it both ways.

chappy

• zev
    zev

such an interesting topic, you know?

-Zev, honourary member, The hurling class
    __
    Zev
    The greatest consistancy of the WTBTS is their INconsistancy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit