Hey guys! Just stopping by to show off some new ink that was done on Sat

by pr_capone 8 Replies latest jw friends

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Havent been on here for some time now. :D

A long time ago I posted a thread called "trying to be like Valis" in which I posted the following picture.

It was a simple band that did not go the whole way around the arm and it has a phoenix in flight in the center of it. The phoenix is a mythological bird who can heal with its tears and is reborn from its ashes. I feel a strong connection to this bird.

It was always my intention to have the band finished and my younger (12 years old) brothers initals placed on the inside of my arm and have the band connect the two.

He has been a huge source of strength for me and I do not exagerate when I say that he is the reason why I am posting here today as opposed to 6 feet under.

Last saturday I went and had it finished. The original was retouched because it had lost alot of its black and the band itself was made a bit wider so everything would fit nicely.

This is the end result.

(front)

(back) please ignore the armpit hair, lol

I thought Valis might especially like this since he is a connoisseur of ink work. I am extremely pleased with it. :D

BTW, my new kitties. (Might as well since I am killing Simon's bandwidth as is)

Kansas District Overbeer

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Well, for what it's worth, I like it, it looks very well done. Am a virgin in that department myself, but I do like looking at tattoos. The 'initials' incorporated is a really nice touch. Personal and unique.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Cool. Im 'thinking' about getting a tattoo- but it has to be right...

• talesin
    talesin

Nice work on the tat! I love the incorporation of the initials. The phoenix rising is special to me as well, and I'm just now making my first quilt (phoenix rising), which I designed myself.

Here's an excellent link that describes the phoenix myth, for anyone who's interested. I like the way they show the different cultures' take on it, and the artwork.

http://www.mythicalrealm.com/creatures/phoenix.html

Awww, the kittens are so cute. heheh :) I just got one, my friends rescued an abandoned litter from the woods, she is about the same age as yours by the look of them.

tal

• luna2
    luna2

Very nice tatt! I love those bands.

Cute kitties too...but three? LOL I'm in a no-animal stage right now so don't mind me.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Hey mang! 'sup? Good to see you again pr. How's everything going?

I'm not a tattoo kind of guy, so I'll just say I like your kitties.

Chris

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Nice!!!! Nothing like a man who's strong enough to get tattoo'd and soft hearted enough to have 3 kitties.

cathy l.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Hey stranger! Long time no see!

I like the ink - very personal. I dunno if I will ever get anything done - I think tats are stupid if they don't have some kind of meaning behind them and frankly I have never come up with anything that represents who I am well enough to get it branded into my body.

Phoenix is very cool tho.

Take care!

• Valis
    Valis

Hey mang, nice work. I am going to get some new work maybe in September or January at a convention. Tattoo convention that is..eheh..Hope you are well and perhaps soon you can come down with some righteous wheat beer. Take care pinche' cabrone and call me some time

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit