Do you think Jehovah's Witness are apart of Babylon The Great?

by inquirer 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• inquirer
    inquirer

Or do you think that all religions are? Since they are all hypocrites or have teachings that don't match the Bible or any other religious book?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

My personal opinion is that the Watchtower organization invented the idea that BTG was a great religious harlot. Or possibly they boroowed the idea from the early Adventist like they did most everything else. Either way, it made it easy to attack religion as an evil empire. It is always easy to make yourself look clean when you are throwing mud on the other guy!

I am not sure what BTG really is or was, but as far as hypocricy the WTBTS is at least as good at it as the other religions.

Jeff

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I no longer believe the WTBTS explanation that Babylon the Great is the world empire of false religion

• Honesty
    Honesty

They have a lot of pagan origins.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Babylon was a code name for Rome. Revelation like other examples of the day drew imagery and paralellism from the Babylonia conquest of the region to describe the events of the author's time. Rome is unmistakable identified when 'Babylon' is described as on 7 hills. The final author understood that the kings the east (Parthians with their calvary) would attack Rome and recapture it under the direction of the revivified Nero. It sounds nuts but really that was comon belief. There was no clue within the book that these images were meant to be reinterpreted 2000 years later as some chimera entity that only exists in the WT writer's imagination.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Here is my lengthy post on why Rome was the original "Babylon the Great" of Revelation:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/86994/1446479/post.ashx#1446479

The Society's interpretation of BTG is ultimately rooted in Reformation-era belief that Roman Catholicism, as the successor of the Roman Empire, is the Babylon of Revelation. In anti-papist Protestant writings of the 19th century, Roman Catholicism was still overtly identified with BTG. The Society has taken this interpretation, ultimately derived from the understanding that Babylon=Rome, and expanded it to refer to all other religions except for themselves.

• carla
    carla

Does that mean part of or lead by Satan? then yes. carla

Babylon the Great? Hell no! Anything with "great" in it can't be associated with Jehovah's Witnesses. No, they are merely cogs in a wheel for a money machine known as the Watchtower.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

No, not really. I believe the correct and scientific term for them is that they`re "full of shit".

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Am unsure of the question. Does any other religion promote the idea of ''Babylon the Great''? By the WTBTS OWN teachings, yes they are.

Hellrider - is your avatar a picture of ''GB and the Beast''? (Disney Classic)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit