How many of you consider yourselves Pagan?

by FreedomFrog 41 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Hi,

I've started on a path that is very comfortable for me almost a year ago. And now I'm wanting to see how many believe a similar way.

I looked into Wiccan, Celtic, Eclectic and other forms of Pagan. I think that I've settled down into Shamanism since that was the path my grandfather went. I have Cherokee blood in me (great grandmother was full blooded Cherokee) and I guess that's why the Shaman's path is more appealing to me. My grandfather taught me many things despite my parents interferring.

So, how do you spend your day in your religious path?

Froggie

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

Is a witch pagan? I work with the elements and find much spiritual satifaction therein. "Green": may be the best description. I'm not religeous. I just do what I feel to be fitting for what I wish to accomplish. As in ritual. I honor the sun, moon, and earth. Things which have a direct influence on our very being. No fantasy type faith going on. Certainly no 'worship'. I learned to stop. and listen. to my inner voice. She speaks loud and clear, if only more would pay attention to theirs. Shammanism is not much different I suspect. I drum when the feeling comes, I light candles when I need ceremony. I have animal familiars dedicated to me. Shall I go on...

• daystar
    daystar

I never have, and I consider such distinctions and labels to be spurious really. I've studied various pagan traditions as well as many of the Eastern and Western Esoteric traditions for years now though. In my spiritual practice I understand gods to be personifications of forces within nature and monotheism as an effort to combine these forces into one omnipotent God, also a personification of a force, albeit universal and all-encompassing.

Labels such as Pagan, Christian, etc. only serve to divide rather than to unite, and I reject them. I am open to all possibilities and all realities. I am that I am.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Me? Pagan? Oh for shame. I do consider myself a Heathen, however.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm an Elsewhereist.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Funny I was thinking about this the other day. By the strictest application from a christians point of view I guess I am, I like to think of myself as simply a free thinking radical.

• riotgirlpeeps
    riotgirlpeeps

Glad to see a thread as such, ironically my great grandmother was cherokee too. Though shamanism isn't my main leaning.

I'm more or less questing still, but if a term had to be put to me on my beliefs, yes I am a pagan. I associate with people who practice shamanism, and who are wiccan.

Being non judgemental I think is the key. Though I do know certain areas I seem to have "gifts" for.

• daystar
    daystar

Count me in! 1/4 Cherokee.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Proud to be Pagan.

I have lots of Christian and Jewish friends, and I respect them (and those of other faiths) greatly. Nature-based religion is what brings me closer to the Divine, however. It's a bit hard, however, as I'm so used to being part of a congregation, and now I'm conducting my worship in solitary. Still, I feel closer than ever to my Creator now, and find myself offering prayers spontaneously, instead of grudgingly at pre-appointed times; that's the way it ought to be, I think.

• talesin
    talesin
    I'm not religeous. I just do what I feel to be fitting for what I wish to accomplish. As in ritual. I honor the sun, moon, and earth. Things which have a direct influence on our very being. No fantasy type faith going on. Certainly no 'worship'. I learned to stop. and listen. to my inner voice. She speaks loud and clear, if only more would pay attention to theirs. Shammanism is not much different I suspect. I drum when the feeling comes, I light candles when I need ceremony. I have animal familiars dedicated to me.

Me, too, stained. I don't have a label or word for it, it just comes naturally.

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit