How I Married A Borg

by Ray Skyhorse 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Ray,
    I was in the Borg for thirty-eight years. I finally got out pretty much on my own, but Thinker helped me stay focused, especially in light of the massive amount of things I would be losing. i.e. all of my family.
    I particularly liked your idea of leaving around reading material and reading things in bed. Sounds like reverse psychology to me. The Borg suggest leaving their reading material around to get an "unbelieving mate" interested. The rest of your ideas sounded very balanced as well.
    Good Luck!! Sounds like a relationship worth saving.
    TW

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

Ray,

When I first started reading your posts I felt that you were being a bit cold to call JWs Borgs. But, I guess that is because I was personally a witness for so long, it kinda of unnerved me.

However, when I think of it, I can understand while you would use that comparison. They can seem cold like a cyberborg. My own mom, whom is the nicest person on the planet (seriously, she deals with the mental cases and older ladies in the congregation that the elders could care less about) has done a few cold things that are Borgish in nature. She would not attend any baby showers for myself or my sisters when we had kids out of wedlock. While I respect that she was doing it out of her conscience, it still hurt and seemed cold.

Just an interesting way to express it. thanks for the input.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit