do JWs believe in dinosaurs?

by tsunami_rid3r 118 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pole
    Pole

hibiscus the astrophysicist,

And you have the cheek to make fun of Mormon underware.

Pole

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    It is a fact that time passes on the Earth at a different rate than it does in space.

yes that if a fact. Due to gravity. The difference is less than 1 millisecond per year. So that really can't explain it. If time would eb that different in space it would have been noticable when people went to the moon. This is exactly messured, it is very very small difference.

It is also a fact that scripture teaches that "God stretcheth out the heavens".

Stars in general are quite far away and many at huge distances where the light that currently is emitteded would take far longer than 6000 years to get here.

However if God "stretched out the heavens" as He said He did, and this was done in less than 6 Earth days, then any light rays in transit would be able to continue to get to the Earth in a continuous manner. It would be interesting to model such a process using the equations of general relativity to see if the idea would hold water.

Sorry it is quite possible to try to put the equotations of special relativity (not general) to this. It shows that it is just not possible. For many many reasons. Scientifically this does not make any sense.
    Of course 'God can do everything'.
    But if all the evidence is contra to the young earth theory then you can only believe in it, if you force yourself to believe in it and don;t look at all the evidence.
    Anyway you can always say God did this etc. Never can prove he didn't of course.
    Hibiscus, you can also not prove that the seven days of creation did not start last week and ended yesterday.

Danny

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Danny:

Can you think about this?

I believe God made everything right because of His word.

Now let's define simply light years

Light years really tells us how long it will take to get from point A to point B in space.

It does not mean that point B was created millions of years ago.

Take an ant for instance: Imagine the little bug trying to get from Africa to South America. How many light years would he take? Yet Africa and South America are land divided by sea.

So is earth divided by space. God is a BIG GOD.

• Daunt
    Daunt

I think most people here know what light years are. And I'm sorry for this statement but in an argument it doesn't really matter what you believe. It doesn't make it fact, this is a characteristic of a person who's making a claim before accumulating the evidence. A serious logical fallacy.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Sorry Hib,

You do not understand what a lightyear is. Maybe the end 'year' is misleading. But it is a distance not a time.

It is the distance that lights travels in one year.

So for a bug or for a yet plane the distance in light years from usa to africa is the same....

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:So is earth divided by space. God is a BIG GOD.

lmfao here..

GBL

• Daunt
    Daunt

Hibs is hilarious. I wonder if she will acknowledge herself being wrong or just go on another baseless claim like she has done many times before.

• Pole
    Pole
    Now let's define simply light years

Light years really tells us how long it will take to get from point A to point B in space.

Hibiscus. I really suggest you focus on making up jokes about Mormon underwear rather than astrophysics.

It does not mean that point B was created millions of years ago.

Take an ant for instance: Imagine the little bug trying to get from Africa to South America. How many light years would he take? Yet Africa and South America are land divided by sea.

Rarely in my life have I heard such a stupid question. "How many light years would it take for a bug to fly from Africa to South America?"

And how many kilograms did you think over this question? Or what's your weight in seconds? And yet hibiscus feels entitled to reformulate th ecurrent theory of the universe.

Young Earth Creationists have great apologists indeed.

Pole

• joelbear
    joelbear

dinosaurs were created by Jehovah with the other beasts and were destroyed in the flood

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit