Just curious...."service, and gas money"

by riotgirlpeeps 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Odrade
    Odrade

After several years of getting stuck with driving all the time, and me working 2 days a week at a factory so I could pioneer, I started asking too. "Sorry, car's on empty, we have to go to the gas station, and I only have $2, so cough it up." Sometimes someone else would offer to drive instead, which was even better.

All that driving was exhausting, not to mention expensive, but I sure know how to drive backwards! I could drive backwards all around the city. Back up for a mile? Sure, no problem! The skills we learn... LOL

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

I'm with gentlyferal - we were so busy looking after king-dumb interests we couldn't even afford to pay attention, let alone pay for gas . When we finally could afford a mini-van I didn't mind driving ... and I don't recall anyone offering to pay for gas either.

• luna2
    luna2

I always had small cars, so I rarely drove. This made me feel guilty, so I used to try to leave a couple bucks...but most of the time the driver would refuse it, rather than argue I'd leave it in the back seat and hope they found it when they cleaned the car or something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit