Paying for Witness literature

by Shane 11 Replies latest social current

• Shane
    Shane

It seems that its only here in the good old US of A that the JW's act like they are not paying for the books magazines and so forth, simply because of tax's.
    What's my Point? Its this: I never thought that true religion should ever charge for books and all the other, if its really Gods true group then he will pay for it, is that stupid? Not if he is really is with a particular religion, if God can sustain the universe are you going to tell me he can't give away vital information to humans? I posed that to an Elder once, he said, "Well somebody's got to pay for it you unreasonable one !! In the coinage of the Witness's "religion is snare and a racket. They pomp how powerful God is, yet they shame you if you don't give them money, face it if there truly is a God surely he can provide for those searching for him, if not then your in the wrong teaching !!!! Amen praise the Lord. Shane

• bjc2012
    bjc2012

Shane,

What, in your estimation, is the point of the illustration recorded at Matthew 13:44? I really don't think that the real issue is whether something is free or has a price tag. Truth is priceless. So if what you get is truth from the literature that you purchase, the small amount that you gave does not in anyway reflect the real value of it. People do not quibble over the cost of a bible, do they? I've not heard anyone say that all bibles should be free. If a person values something highly, he does not mind contributing to the cost of it being made available to him.

bjc

• Shane
    Shane

I am disgusted by the very idea of paying for anything religious, by a religion. I am familiar with a religion that is one of the most richest in the nation, and they want ten percent tithing then charge ridiculous amounts for their literature. If money is no issue to anyone then fine yeah lets pay for magazines, flyers anything religions that they want. But", to most people money is an issue, it was with me while raising my kids, and the Witness's wanted my time and my money to do what they call Gods holly work, well if its that holly it is with in his power to take care of. ~ Shane

• bjc2012
    bjc2012

Shane,

Certainly God is capable and willing to do whatever is necessary to accomplish his will. But if he personally does everything, in what way will you receive any benefit? And isn't is our desire to gain some benefit from the work that we do? Did not Jesus say at Luke 6:38 this: "Practice giving, and people will give to you. They will pour into your laps a fine measure, pressed down, shaken together and overflowing. For with the measure that you are measuring out, they will measure out to you in return?" How would you put this into practice? Does it not cost you something to give to others?

When you went to the literature counter at your Kingdom Hall and paid for magazines or whatever, what did you do with these? Take them home and let them pile up in some room or did you not offer them to the public for a donation? When people gave you money for this literature did this not offset your cost? In fact, you were not buying them at all, the public was.

bjc

• Shane
    Shane

When I give its out of the treasure of my heart, not because some man made institution says I must buy their magazines and bibles, and the like. And that is the only thing that can be considered "TRUTH." Then to top it off I am supposed to write down how much time I have spent doing this so called giving and give it to the elders so they can try to determine what's inn my heart, work at my own expense and effort while the Jehovah's Witness organization its self does nothing to pay for this literature other than donations given out of fear and peoples inherited estates, here is the USA its on a donation basis not out of the goodness of their hearts but for tax purpose's only. By and large Witness's are drones doing what ever they are told regardless how subtlety foolish it sounds, they tell you don't consider anyone's thinking but ours or you will be an apostate, now that is mind control pure plain and simple.
    ~ Shane

• Shane
    Shane

Certainly God is capable and willing to do whatever is necessary to accomplish his will. But if he personally does everything, in what way will you receive any benefit? And isn't is our desire to gain some benefit from the work that we do? Did not Jesus say at Luke 6:38 this: "Practice giving, and people will give to you. <<< He said.
    I say. >>> I was always under the asuption that we as humans do not earn our way to slavation, its a free gift through the blood of Jesus Christ, am I wrong, I hardly think so. Religion would love to make us believe we have to cough up money to make their vested interest reach its goal. The only benefit I feel I deserve is to take advantage of the redemptive powers of Christ ransom provision, that cannot be attained by logging hours, and buying books magazines and going to work at Bethel for nothing, when in fact the Witness's are very rich when it comes to money. The boast how powerful God is, and that he can do anything, like making the rocks cry out, I have heard that song and dance for so long it gives me projectile vomituss.
    Shane

• bjc2012
    bjc2012

Shane,

You seem to be having some problem with paying for witness literature. I too was a JW and I found no problem with paying for the literature. But each to his own. I'll leave you with David's words to Ornan, who wanted to give his land to David to use as he saw fit. David's attitude is recorded at 1 Chronicles 21:24: "However, King David said to Ornan: "No, but without fail I shall make the purchase for the money in full, because I shall not carry what is yours to Jehovah to offer up burnt sacrifices without cost." This is the way I also view this matter.

bjc

• crossroads
    crossroads

So V.D. was the cost of coveting thy neighbors wife,
    F*** ing said wife and having the bitches husband
    killed.Seems to me this clown broke THREE of the
    big ten for some Tand A yeah lets obey his council.

Jesus didn't make anybody pay for anything, You recieved
    free YOU give free. The watchtower and awake are not the
    word of God if the bible is and a lot of people think it is,
    there are a lot of places you can get it for free. You might
    have to sit through a meeting(service whatever THEY want
    to call it) but you can get it for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• biblestudent
    biblestudent

Here in the United Kingdom literature is on a contribution basis only. I have tried several times to obtain a subscription only to have it refered to the local KH.

I once sent them a cheque valued at several times the old sub price. They kept the cheque for 6 months before I got a reply back saying that they do not have to by law supply me with any literature.

The ironic thing is that in one area they leave mags in a brown envelope with the persons name on it at the back of hall in the foyer. He comes to collect it while the meeting is going on. He never gives a contribution and he is well known in the area as he runs an anti jw group and publicly attacks them.
    Me, I keep my head down. Never attack them yet I get no where.

• nelly136
    nelly136

if it keeps getting referred back to the kh am just wondering
    if youve asked them for one from there? or perhaps you could catch
    them next time theyre on the doors and ask for one?
    nelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit