you know you have a big dog when

by loosie 4 Replies latest social humour

• loosie
    loosie

You know you have a BIG dog when...

* The sound of running water makes you jump up and yell, "OUTSIDE!"

* You tell your dog to sit, and he backs up until he finds a chair.

* It takes 3 people to get your dog on the scale at the vets.

* You walk your dog and everyone knows him by name, but you have no idea who these people are.

* You carry a tape measure with you when shopping for a new vehicle.

* You have given up on water dishes and you just use the bathtub.

* You've learned to force a smile when asked "do you have a saddle for that thing?"

* Your veterinarian has been able to put in a swimming pool, build a large home, buy jet skis and a vacation home in Florida.

* You're holding him straddled between your legs when the doorbell rings and you find yourself quickly transported straight to the front door.

• kls
    kls

Rotfl ,and it is all so true ,,,,,And when you have bruises on your feet when they step on them.

Or when it takes 4 people to give them a bath

• jaredg
    jaredg

that's pretty funny. i've actually found myslef in the position where i need to by a SUV or truck so that I will be able to transport my dog around when he is full grown. as it is it's hard to carry him around in my M3 and he's only 6 months old.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

lol

I just sent this to my friend who has THREE Weimaraners and an Irish Setter.

From my (oft painful!) experience of them, I'd say you know you have a big dog when you have to peel your visitors off the front of the house!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

You know you have a big dog when:

*50# bags of dog food go on sale and you wish them came in a bigger bag

*you take tall kitchen bags with you on the morning 'dump' walk

*your kids no longer argue with the dog over who gets the recliner

*you announce, "it's just me, boy" when going to the kitchen in the middle of the night for a drink of water

*you remember to feed the dog two hours before your guests arrive to reduce the possibility of a 'natural gas' incident

*if the toilet seat falls on the dog's head when he tries to sneak a drink, it's the toilet seat you worry about

*bathing the dog is an event to which tickets are sold to the neighbors

*if you are in the drivers seat, and the dog is in the passenger seat, people following you will notice that the passenger side is lower

*you wonder why Marmaduke is so skinny

*when you trip and land on the dog, he still does not move

*when no neighbor kids pick on yours

*when you complain about poorly made furniture

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit