Not whole blood, but individual parts okay

by daystar 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• daystar
    daystar

Since I am unable to search this forum, I thought I'd ask for help. I have heard that the org now says that all the parts of blood are okay for transfusion individually, just not whole blood. But I've not actually seen this in any WBTS publication. I would like to be able to show it to my parents and perhaps others.

Who can point me to the specific publication, page, etc. for info on this?

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I was shocked as you were at the recent changes....this site I found to be most helpful.
    http://www.ajwrb.org/

• riotgirlpeeps
    riotgirlpeeps

Very good link and information.

Odd thing about the new blood card and view is no longer do you need a seperate power of attorney form. But the new blood card at least in the us is written up so as to be a power of attorney in itself and is now far larger than the old one was.

I have one *lol*

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

No matter what they have said or printed, they still try and do anything they can to get you to refuse ANY type of blood. As a nurse I used to work downtown Dallas. The elders tried guilt and threats, even though it's suppose to be an individual decision. So--beware!!!

shelley

• Jahna
    Jahna

That is because like everything else, the elders are not up to date with new thinking and doctrine. Who can since it changes so darn often.

Jahna

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

You know how you can buy foods labelled, ''suitable for vegetarians'' etc, how about a ''suitable for JW'' range. Could have Black Pudding made from blood fractions then.

• FairMind
    FairMind

The PO in my congregation handled the Service Meeting part where the recent change in the “blood doctrine” was covered. He said that whether or not a JW could accept any blood fraction was a conscience matter. He was emphatic though that acceptance of any of the three main components of blood (plasma, red blood cells and white blood cells) was still prohibited. Any/All fractions of these main components could be accepted though if one’s conscience permitted them to do so. Now I know none of this makes sense but this is apparently the WTS’ stand on the matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit