Did Anyone Ever Try To Get The UN Scandal In The News Here In Canada Or The

by Legolas 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

HI, I AM NEW TO THIS SITE AS OF JULY. I JUST DISASSOCIATED MYSELF LAST MONTH (HISTORY OF WHY AND THE ELDERS VISIT I THINK IS ON MY PROFILE) ANYWAY DID ANYONE EVERE TRY TO GET THE UN SCANDAL IN THE NEWS SOMEHOW HERE IN CANADA OR IN THE US? IF YOU DID HOW DID YOU DO IT SO I CAN AS WELL. THANKS YVONNE

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Welcome to the board Legolas! I haven't heard of any of the UN stuff being in the news here in Canada.

GBL

• damselfly
    damselfly

Welcome aboard Legolas.

I'm still new myself, so I'm not sure if the UN ghas been in the news or not.

Is anyone working on it?

Damselfly

• grissom
    grissom

Why? It is a non-issue.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Why? It is a non-issue.

Since when has hypocracy been a non issue?

How can an organisation deem something to be disgusting and yet at the same time be part of it or affiliated with it?

Whats the WTS position on this...it would be good to hear it?

DB74

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Legolas - WELCOME!

Grissom - can you define ''non-issue'' please?

• damselfly
    damselfly

Why? It is a non-issue. I would like you to expand more on this Grissom, I very interested in what you have to add.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Leola - Gurl I am rolling on the floor laughing my natural A** off - YOU HEAR ME???

Welcome to the forum. And yes, the UN Thing is big A** F'ing deal to people who are interested in the truth! Congratulations to you and your family for getting out together. Some people (like grissom) don't thinks it's such a big deal that the WTBTS taught US that the UN was the scarlet colored wild beast of Revelation ... then joined the damned org. itself undercover for 10 years - AND pushed UN propoganda on the rank and file ... too gullible to even realize what was going on. Then, as you said, resigned after the lid was blown off the whole mess !

I'm glad you and yours are finally free. You will find real comrades here. We know what you've been through and how it feels to be betrayed by someone you trusted implicitly.

Tam

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Legolas ... Grissim is right. The UN deal is a non-issue. But only to those who aren't JW's. One of the reasons the UN issue didn't make headlines, is because to non-JW's, becomming an NGO with the UN isn't a big deal or newsworthy. One would have to know and understand the WTS's opinion of the UN to understand the hypocricy. That is a bit much for most newspapers to get into.

Kwin

• apocalypseno
    apocalypseno

To JW's, it has to be a big deal, and this is evidenced by the fact that the UN has been so inundated with requests on this topic that they had to issue a statement which can still be download from their site. I have had some brothers tell me that it is not a big deal, just as I have had some tell me that the mistakes they still make are not a big deal either. Most JW's however are completely unaware that this has happened.

w87 3/1 p. 14: "The Watchtower and Awake!: Champions of Truth" :)

ANO

www.apocalypseno.net

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit